Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Russel Byrd scores 82 points in 2 games

johnny2x2x

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2013/07/michigan_state_redshirt_junior.html

I know it's Money Ball pro Am league and they don't play a lot of defense, but he went off against teams that had Denzel Valentine, Gary Harris, Branden Dawson, Travis Trice, and some other B1G players.

We are expecting nothing from Byrd this year, but if he could somehow become an Austin Thornton type guy for us, we could be scary to play against. Byrd was a big time recruit, he's finally healthy, been through a lot including death threats, would love to see him become a player.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2013/07/michigan_state_redshirt_junior.html

I know it's Money Ball pro Am league and they don't play a lot of defense, but he went off against teams that had Denzel Valentine, Gary Harris, Branden Dawson, Travis Trice, and some other B1G players.

We are expecting nothing from Byrd this year, but if he could somehow become an Austin Thornton type guy for us, we could be scary to play against. Byrd was a big time recruit, he's finally healthy, been through a lot including death threats, would love to see him become a player.

he scored at ton at moneyball last year too

Oh Boy. Hope the best for him, do NOT expect anything from him. Did they say what his fg% was ? I would expect it wasn't great. Even in a defenseless summer league. Unfortunatly, I think Byrd is a little fish in a big pond.

Oh Boy. Hope the best for him, do NOT expect anything from him. Did they say what his fg% was ? I would expect it wasn't great. Even in a defenseless summer league. Unfortunatly, I think Byrd is a little fish in a big pond.

he's a guy that had a few good camps in high school and got offers that were greater than his ability warranted. of course the injuries didn't help him but I'd be shocked if ends up being more of a contributor than Austin Thornton was

he's a guy that had a few good camps in high school and got offers that were greater than his ability warranted. of course the injuries didn't help him but I'd be shocked if ends up being more of a contributor than Austin Thornton was

If we got Senior war Austin Thornton out if him I'd be thrilled.

Either Byrd or Kaminski will get substantial minutes off the bench this year as a 3 point threat, probably not both. Both of them have been heralded as the best outside shooters Izzo has seen since Shawn Respert so I would hope one of them can at least be as good as Austin Thornton.

Either Byrd or Kaminski will get substantial minutes off the bench this year as a 3 point threat, probably not both. Both of them have been heralded as the best outside shooters Izzo has seen since Shawn Respert so I would hope one of them can at least be as good as Austin Thornton.

I think Gary Harris is the best outside shooter we've had a in a very long time. Ellis supposedly has very good range but he's going to have a big adjustment from HS. it's funny how you always hear good things about the guy who's red shirting, i'll hold back the excitement on kaminsky but he could be a contributor eventually.

Back