Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Austin Jackson you sir are amazing!

tigerfan2272

Talk about the perfect time to go en fuego... He is the real player who set this whole amazing game in motion and has set this offense in motion the past 2 weeks.

tigerfan2272 said:
Talk about the perfect time to go en fuego... He is the real player who set this whole amazing game in motion and has set this offense in motion the past 2 weeks.

This homestand Jackson is 16 for 28, 2 doubles, 3 triples, 2 homeruns,
10 runs scored, 5 rbi, .571

this is what our offense can do when we have people getting on in front of our big guys.

so it should be a shoo in that AJAX is player of the week in the AL.

guy has a ton of potential if he can just become a bit more selective at the plate.

Spockmaster said:
this is what our offense can do when we have people getting on in front of our big guys.
yea that double for miguel wouldve meant nothing. if he can just hit 280.-300. the rest of the year we'll be great

tigerfan2272 said:

I hope you still feel the same way now that he has had a few bad games

jimmygank said:

guy has a ton of potential if he can just become a bit more selective at the plate.

Jackson is selective at the plate.

Only Avila swings at less pitches out of the zone than Jackson.

mjsb2 said:
jimmygank said:

less than victor? surprising stat with all his Ks

mjsb2 said:
jimmygank said:

imo he's a little TOO selective...he doesnt have the greatest eye so he takes a lot of called strikes. thats why is K rate has gone up with his walk rate.

stonecold2136 said:
tigerfan2272 said:

I hope you still feel the same way now that he has had a few bad games

Dude, its one bad game. He had two hits the day before.

Spockmaster said:
mjsb2 said:

imo he's a little TOO selective...he doesnt have the greatest eye so he takes a lot of called strikes. thats why is K rate has gone up with his walk rate.

I feel the same way.

He takes too many pitches inside the strike zone, and because of his low contact rate he can't afford to give away strikes the way he does.

Fun fact: 2010 led the league in BABIP at. 395. He K's way too much but can be a hell of a player when he doesn't.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Fun fact: 2010 led the league in BABIP at. 395. He K's way too much but can be a hell of a player when he doesn't.

He could probably get his BIABP up somewhere relatively close to that again if he made more contact.

His speed on a ball in play helps a lot, but missing a or getting a called 3rd gives him 0% chance.

He's young and has time to get better, and not batting him lead-off might take some pressure off him, I don't care if Leyland says that pressure is not affecting him.

A .390 BABIP is unsustainable.

But with his speed and high line drive rate he could be a .350 BABIP hitter, which he is this year at .343.

In order to further improve he needs to either lower his K-rate or increase his power.

For a career, sure. But he did get that last year. I don't think a .370 BABIP is out of the question for future years.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]For a career, sure. But he did get that last year. I don't think a .370 BABIP is out of the question for future years.

Yeah, there will definitely be some years where he can post a BABIP of .370, but there will also be years he will post BABIPs in the low .300s, he just needs to improve in other areas so that when those years occur, he can still be an effective hitter.

Jackson reminds me a lot of Granderson. Similar body type, defense, speed, and holes in their offensive game. I'm hoping he comes into his own here rather than having the up and down years like Granderson also did.

Back