Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pga

tinselwolverine

I just thought I would start a general PGA thread. Nobody seems to care much about individual events.

Sbee may be a horrible, miserable troll on the Michigan board, and a freakin' lefty aethiest on the political board, and a god damned pessimist on the Tiger board...

But at least he follows golf.

So I give sbee a pass on the other bullshit.

Oh - and sbee doesn't really have that much of a sense of humor either...

...occasionally yeah...but not much...

:hehe:

The Open, I always forget its on until its already over. They play so damn early.

Remember when David Duval was the man?

Here's to David who might have been one of the best..

Good leaderboard so far, the course is firm and fast. It would be almost unplayable if winds kick up to 25mph

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Good leaderboard so far, the course is firm and fast. It would be almost unplayable if winds kick up to 25mph

There are them what says Rory just hits the ball too high off the drive to EVER compete in this championship...what say you?

There are them what says Rory just hits the ball too high off the drive to EVER compete in this championship...what say you?

not the case, he dominated the PGA at Kiawah which is a seaside links course in South Carolina. it may not be in Scotland but you need the same shots to win there as you would a british open. also, he grew up playing in Ireland, his game is suited to links style golf. i'll be shocked if he doesn't win multiple british opens. he's a 2 time major winner at 24, he'll be ok.

he's dealing with success this year, a lot more media exposure, comparrisons to tiger, etc. he also has a 200m contract with nike which comes with plenty of obligations to your sponsors and a chance from the equipment that served him well over the last few years. once things start to go wrong, it snowballs. he's trying to win but doesn't have the confidence right now, you can't do that at this level.

all in all, Rors may take a while to come back but I think he'll win double digit majors when it's all said and done.

I just thought I would start a general PGA thread. Nobody seems to care much about individual events.

Sbee may be a horrible, miserable troll on the Michigan board, and a freakin' lefty aethiest on the political board, and a god damned pessimist on the Tiger board...

But at least he follows golf.

So I give sbee a pass on the other bullshit.

Oh - and sbee doesn't really have that much of a sense of humor either...

...occasionally yeah...but not much...

one correction, i'm a tigers optimist (or realist). I've always had a thread on the espn board called "the sky is falling" when people go to pieces if they ever get swept or blow a save. some people don't have the stomach for the ups and downs of a 162 game season

one correction, i'm a tigers optimist (or realist). I've always had a thread on the espn board called "the sky is falling" when people go to pieces if they ever get swept or blow a save. some people don't have the stomach for the ups and downs of a 162 game season

Ha ha.

Another correction - your sense of humor is better than I gave you credit for originally.

Phil had the round of his life, Claret Jug is his. I'm happy and Tiger, how many is it without a Major win?

:yay:

Phil had the round of his life, Claret Jug is his. I'm happy and Tiger, how many is it without a Major win?

:yay:

It was cool to see Phil finally win that 3rd different major championship.

I hope I'll see him win the US Open one of these times soon.

Not a phil fan but happy for him. Many majors are won by a guy 4 back who posts an early score and everyone backs up. Great round by phil

But I bet 4 birdies in last 6 holes in the Open don't happen often. And it's not like he finished his round when the leaders were making the turn. I would have been happen with Phil or Adam Scott.

But I bet 4 birdies in last 6 holes in the Open don't happen often. And it's not like he finished his round when the leaders were making the turn. I would have been happen with Phil or Adam Scott.

Of course, he played great today. Its just a lot easier to get a good nights sleep 5
down vs with the lead. I was hoping for tiger......eff the haters

Last edited:
I was hoping for a Miguel Angel Jiminez win. He faltered on Sat and Sunday and gave back eight shots to the field.

Of course, he played great today. Its just a lot easier to get a good nights sleep 5
down vs with the lead. I was hoping for tiger......eff the haters

5 of the lead isn't that bad playing at the Open. Are you trying to say the top guys were all tired?

5 of the lead isn't that bad playing at the Open. Are you trying to say the top guys were all tired?

More of a case of frayed nerves. Im sure westwood didnt sleep well though, winning a major is such a life changing event and ita not often you have a golden opportunity like he had sunday. Hes not young and may have blown his besy chance to validate his career.

Its easiet for some guys to be the hunter vs the hunted

When he was 3 under and ahead by 2 at the 7th he seemed fine. I buy that he might have been more nervous than Phil but he was fine early. He played poorly and it didn't help that he took a risk in the sand and it didn't pay off.

I have loved Phil since about 2003, very very happy yesterday. I thought he would never win The Open since historically he has been brutal on links style courses. And I thought he had little chance to come back yesterday as well given the brutal conditions.

Also I used to love Tiger as a kid but I can't stand him now, and it's nothing to do with being a Phil fan or his affair. Beyond pompous, very poor sportsmanship, never acknowledges the gallery, impersonal, a hell of a golfer but what an asshole.

The Open, I always forget its on until its already over. They play so damn early.

Remember when David Duval was the man?

Here's to David who might have been one of the best..

He was at one time #1 in the world, nobody really ever liked him though, I hear he was kind of a dick though.

I remember seeing a Kenny Mayne feature on ESPN years ago after he fell off the face of the Earth, Duval was practicing for TPC Sawgrass at a putt-putt course, hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ETateY-u8

Last edited:
Back