Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chris Allen facebook post

Sbee

don't have to do this but I'm just tired of everyone questioning my
character because of some bull that the media led you people to believe
... I Chris Allen DID NOT get kicked off Michigan State University team
for HAVING SEX with my teammate and very good friend Durrell Summers
girlfriend it was because of Smoking the MARYJUWANA lol so for all those
who believe the media I pray for y'all and for the fans that question
my character because of the media y'all ain't true fans and to athletes
who smoke WEED its not worth it, Yeah it makes you happy and forget all
the BS you thought your coach was on with you but at the same time it's a
easy way to get you out of a respectable program and of course it's
deeper than just weed but that's for me and the people that was at
Michigan state those years to know....so there it is people don't judge
me off my mistakes because its my life you should judge me off how I
interact with you and not what you hear or what your told hope I helped
clear that up cause I'm tired of the bs and I'm too real to hide behind
something that has no truth to it so have a nice blessed day people

there's been a lot of speculation on this for years, the rumor was that Allen was suspended for sleeping with Durrell summers girlfriend, this is the suspension before the big ten tournament in 2010. the rumor was that Summers punched allen in the face after finding out and Izzo suspended ALlen, not Summers. I guess Allen felt the need to come clean about it, nothing to gain really right now.

rumor is that Lucious was kicked off for the same reason.

Rumor I heard about Lucious was he got busted pilfering condoms at Meijer. Hard to say if it's true but the fact he wasn't arrested casts a bit of doubt on that one...

Rumor I heard about Lucious was he got busted pilfering condoms at Meijer. Hard to say if it's true but the fact he wasn't arrested casts a bit of doubt on that one...

I heard the same thing floating around too but there weren't any police reports. Izzo was interviewed after and he basically said that if he kicked a kid off the team he's given that kid a number of second chances, it's never the first or second offense really.

I do hold a lot of respect for Izzo for how he handled that 2011 team. they could have looked the other way as Allen and Lucious got in trouble, we would have won more games and maybe contended for the big ten title, at least we wouldn't have started Mike Keebler for the 2nd half of the year. Izzo risked his tourney streak to do the right thing with these kids, he could have taken the easy way out

I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber, I didn't want to do it, I felt I owed it to them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of the guys arguing that we didn't miss Lucious because he was a turnover machine (which he definitely was not) and yes he hit the shot against Maryland but he was responsible for blowing the lead against them in the first place (which was also not true). If that wasn't you, i apologize but I don't recall anyone agreeing with me that Lucious getting kicked off the team was a big loss...

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of the guys arguing that we didn't miss Lucious because he was a turnover machine (which he definitely was not) and yes he hit the shot against Maryland but he was responsible for blowing the lead against them in the first place (which was also not true). If that wasn't you, i apologize but I don't recall anyone agreeing with me that Lucious getting kicked off the team was a big loss...

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch...

I was never a big fan of luscious as a player, terrible 3pt %. giving lucious credit for beating MD is like crediting a firefighter for putting a fire out after he started it. regardless, we would have been a better team with Lucious and Allen playing over Mike Keebler.

this place got a pond? a pool and a pond. pond would be good for you

there's been a lot of speculation on this for years, the rumor was that Allen was suspended for sleeping with Durrell summers girlfriend, this is the suspension before the big ten tournament in 2010. the rumor was that Summers punched allen in the face after finding out and Izzo suspended ALlen, not Summers. I guess Allen felt the need to come clean about it, nothing to gain really right now.

rumor is that Lucious was kicked off for the same reason.[/QUOTE]

Lucious slept with Summers gf too? Damn Durrell, control yo lady!!

I've heard that Allen needs to shut his mouth because people were willing to let shit be in the past, but he damn well did sleep with someone on the team's girlfriend.

Check the tape sbee - Luscious who was just a sophomore playing behind a top 3 PG wasn't the guy turning the ball over and letting MD back in the game. I believe Green had more TOs and there were some missed FTs. And luscious was a PG not a shooting guard so ~30% is not bad and his tournament 3 pt % was very solid.

Check the tape sbee - Luscious who was just a sophomore playing behind a top 3 PG wasn't the guy turning the ball over and letting MD back in the game. I believe Green had more TOs and there were some missed FTs. And luscious was a PG not a shooting guard so ~30% is not bad and his tournament 3 pt % was very solid.

31% from the floor and 28% from 3 as a sophomore is not good. he was a serviceable backup pg but he shot too much, if you're shooting 4.5 3's per game and making basically 1 out of 4, you're not helping.

actually, if you're taking 4.5 you're making 1.3 and while you may not be leading the team you're certainly not hurting as a young backup PG - remember Kalen Lucas, one of the 3 best PGs in the country was playing in front of him. At least you didn't try to dispute that lucious wasn't responsible for MD getting back in the game - apologies to Draymond Green, it was Morgan that had 3 straight TOs in the final 2 minutes, 4 in the final 8 mins during which Lucious did not have a single TO and committed just one foul. By the way, he was 10 for 28 for 36% from 3 in the tourney that year and that includes a 1 for 7 night against Tennessee. he had 16 assists to 14 TOs, not great but prior to Tenn and a horribly officiated Butler game he was 2 to 1 assists to TOs - not All-American or All-B1G numbers but nobody is saying he was.

Last edited:
actually, if you're taking 4.5 you're making 1.3 and while you may not be leading the team you're certainly not hurting as a young backup PG - remember Kalen Lucas, one of the 3 best PGs in the country was playing in front of him. At least you didn't try to dispute that luscious wasn't responsible for MD getting back in the game - apologies to Draymond Green, it was Morgan that had 3 straight TOs in the final 2 minutes, 4 in the final 8 mins during which Luscious did not have a single TO and committed just one foul. By the way, he was 10 for 28 for 36% from 3 in the tourney that year and that includes a 1 for 7 night against Tennessee. he had 16 assists to 14 TOs, not great but prior to Tenn and a horribly officiated Butler game he was 2 to 1 assists to TOs - not All-American or All-B1G numbers but nobody is saying he was.

there's a big difference between what happened in the game and what you see in the box score. morgan and green had a number of TO's but it was due to the late press by MD, it wasn't like they were throwing it away in the half court every time down. they trapped and caused TO's on the big men, if we had a better PG in the game, he would have been able to beat the press and not put others in that situation.

also, grevis Vasquez had his way with Raymar guarding him. Ray could guard a lot of positions well but he was up against a big PG with excellent ball skills, a tough cover in the NBA much less a big ten small forward. Raymar did lose a tooth in that game.

also, Allen was out of that game as well. we had to play Keebler at times

Yep, Morgan's 4 TOs to Lucious' 0 are clearly Lucious' fault. Should we give Morgan credit for Lucious going 3 for 6 from 3 in that game? Was it Lucious' fault that Morgan almost fouled out in the first half against Butler? You sound like Ed Schultz blaming Detroit's problems on republican policies.

Last edited:
Yep, Morgan's 4 TOs to Luscious' 0 are clearly Luscious' fault. Should we give Morgan credit for Luscious going 3 for 6 from 3 in that game? Was it Luscious' fault that Morgan almost fouled out in the first half against Butler? You sound like Ed Schultz blaming Detroit's problems on republican policies.

difference of opinion there, if you watch the second half, you'd see that MSU couldn't get the ball over the time line in the last 5 minutes. something tells me Lucas in for Lucious and we roll, of course we can't go back with a crystal ball but again, with a top PG we break the press. stats aren't always accurate, a bad post feed can lead to an easy double team but the big man gets the TO. not knowing the shot clock can lead to a contested shot, not necessarily the fault of the shooter. just a few examples but stats are misleading in basketball other than FT %.

also, the best play of that game was by Delvon Roe to duck out of the way of the pass from green to lucious. it almost hit him in the head, we never would have gotten the shot off.

i'd bet Lucious was maybe the last person we wanted to take the shot but we didn't call TO and found an open man.

Blaming Lucious for Morgan's errors is nuts. Morgan led the team in turnovers in every game of the tourney that year except Tenn and Butler but he barely played the 1h against Butler and was never a factor (had 4 pts) due to foul trouble. I know everyone loves Raymar Morgan but the reality is he was one of the most over rated Spartans in a long time. He was a small forward that had to play an undersized power forward because he couldn't develop a shot or handle the ball, as we saw in the MD game. Calling Raymar Morgan a "big man" belies the reality of his career and position. Maryland was a good team that very easily could have forced those turnovers on any team - remember Lucas would have the same outlet options Lucious had. Saying Roe ducking out of the way was a better play than Luscious ball fake/side step and MAKING one of the biggest buzzer beaters in the tournament is complete nonsense. And there is NO WAY Lucious was "the last person we wanted to take the shot."

Last edited:
Blaming Luscious for Morgan's errors is nuts. Morgan led the team in turnovers in every game of the tourney that year except Tenn and Butler but he barely played the 1h against Butler and was never a factor (had 4 pts) due to foul trouble. Maryland was a good team that very easily could have forced those turnovers on any team - remember Lucas would have the same outlet options Luscious had. Saying Roe ducking out of the way was a better play than Luscious ball fake/side step and MAKING one of the biggest buzzer beaters in the tournament is complete nonsense. I know everyone loves Raymar Morgan but the reality is he was one of the most over rated Spartans in a long time. He was a small forward that had to play an undersized power forward because he couldn't develop a shot or handle the ball, as we saw in the MD game. Calling Raymar Morgan a "big man" belies the reality of his career and position.

from my recollections of the ESPN board, Morgan was one of the more hated Spartans. I liked him because he played with a broken nose (Kansas, Lousiville), with Mono (PSU), and without a tooth (MD). you have to love a kid that's sick as hell with mono but begs Izzo to put him in for 3 minutes at the end of a game so he could defend, never mind that it will kill all of his per game averages. i'll always like a player who was willing to do those kind of things for the team, same with Roe and what he played through. those things define MSU basketball.

as for the lucious/lucas thing, Kalin had much more speed and a better handle, you had to double him as soon as he got the ball, leaving someone wide open. with Lucious, you could defend him straight up and deny his forward movement, leaving another defender able to double a wing/big man.

for the record, I think we would have won the national title if Kalin was healthy. it would have been a bit lucky because of the UNI/Kansas game but i'm sure we could have beaten butler and duke with Kalin

Personally, I think we could have won the nat'l championship that year even without Lucas. Not that Morgan was a world beater but 2 of those 1h fouls were HORRIBLE calls and with Lucas already gone it hurt to lose him, if only for defense against Butler. Then that horrible out of bounds call on Green that should have been a foul and/or out on Howard certainly altered the outcome of a tied game w/ a minute to go. With Lucas the odds of winning that and the following game against Duke go up but I think both were winnable even w/ him out.

No one is saying Lucious was as good as Lucas but he stepped in and stepped up in a touch situation. And he was NOT the reason we blew a late lead.

Personally, I think we could have won the nat'l championship that year even without Lucas. Not that Morgan was a world beater but 2 of those 1h fouls were HORRIBLE calls and with Lucas already gone it hurt to lose him, if only for defense against Butler. Then that horrible out of bounds call on Green that should have been a foul and/or out on Howard certainly altered the outcome of a tied game w/ a minute to go. With Lucas the odds of winning that and the following game against Duke go up but I think both were winnable even w/ him out.

No one is saying Lucious was as good as Lucas but he stepped in and stepped up in a touch situation. And he was NOT the reason we blew a late lead.

letting it go on the MD game, we're not going to convince each other othersiwe.

that butler game still kills me, lots of reasons for that loss. there were some bad calls on Morgan and Green was fouled at the end (matt howard confirmed it) but i'm sure bulter had a few bad calls too. if you want a big reason why MSU lost, you'd have to assume it's because our best player was out. if you take Mack or Heyward out of the bulter lineup I doubt they win.

we were far from the best team in the country that year but given the draw and Kansas upset, we had a great chance to win it all. the NCAA tournament is so random with single elimination and odd matchups that the best team rarely wins. Duke was the weakest #1 seed that year, Kansas and UK were much better. hell, bulter got to play cuse with out anawaku (sp). we had a golden opportunity to win it all and missed it for a multitude of reasons, some self inflicted.

that loss hurts more than the UNC loss in 2009. UNC was a much better team than MSU, I don't have a problem losing to better teams. I think we were much better than the team that beat us in 2010 and we were also better than the team that beat Butler

Back