Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

CONCACAF Gold Cup Final

Michchamp

We just crushed Honduras despite the refs basically letting them mug us for the final 30 mins.

...and the final is in Chicago this Sunday! I think I might go. this would be my first national soccer game.

I don't own any pro-U.S. clothing, but I do have a shirt that says "Homeland Security: Fighting Terrorism Since 1492" and it has a picture of four armed Apaches. I don't think this is quite the same patriotic thing they want to see

My tickets are in section 233. Hope you go, US soccer games are lots of fun.

If you'd have told me at the start of the tournament that it would be Panama/USA in the final I'd have been ecstatic. But having watch Panama clown Mexico TWICE, this should be a very competitive game.

Looking forward to a "BRAZIL HERE WE COME!" chant in the closing minutes of a win! :)

we ended up sitting in the upper bowl... section 313 I think.

we missed most of the first half, which I guess involved most of Panama's chances. the 2nd half might've been the most laid back win I've every watched, like one of those UM-vs.-MAC games that are just tough to get excited about.

even the goal was a bit of a dud. Donovan whiffs on the kick, and Shea taps it in with the goalie way out of position. seemed more a result of our constant possession than anything else.

still was a good outing. was my first time at Soldier Field; was impressed by the seats and general comfort level. good place to catch a game. even though we were pretty high up, we had no trouble seeing all the action. and the weather was perfect.

I didn't hear the "Brazil here we come" chant. it was the first time I ever did the "USA! USA!" chant at a sporting event though.

still was a good outing. was my first time at Soldier Field; was impressed by the seats and general comfort level. good place to catch a game. even though we were pretty high up, we had no trouble seeing all the action. and the weather was perfect.

Caught a lions game there, sat around the 45 in the upper bowl. Never been on stairs so steep, felt like if I fell I would tumble down and fall on the field. Great view of the game didn't have any problems seeing the field and I was so high up it was like I was sitting over the field which was cool cause you could really see the holes opening up. To bad we sucked at the time and got killed, still a fun time.

Glad you got to go. Crowd was kind of tame for a final but that's due to the opponent I think. If Mexico made the final it would have been gnarly. Good times were had though.

Back