Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Media still talking about gholston punch afte 2 years

What a freaking baby. Lewan has been voted the dirtiest player in the B1G on several occasions, he needs to quit his whining already. He's going to be a millionaire next Spring, time to move on.

it's more of a case of the media wanting to publish this article, kind of funny really.

the worst thing was the spin campaign after that game, there were plenty of sub plots for the Detroit papers to focus on that took the attention off the fact that Michigan was flat out manhandled by MSU. hoke said that he had no problem with how the game was played and it showed how much tougher his team needed to get.

What a freaking baby. Lewan has been voted the dirtiest player in the B1G on several occasions, he needs to quit his whining already. ...

really? when?

didn't sound like he was really whining; he responded to a question honestly.

he also added this:
"While Lewan still is bothered by Gholston's punch, he does have considerable respect for another Michigan State defensive lineman, Marcus Rush.

"Two years ago, when there was that game at Michigan State, that obviously was a rough game," he said. "But when Michigan State was taunting and saying vulgar things at me, Marcus Rush walked up to me, shook my hand and said, 'You're a hell of a player. Good game.'

"Just the respect out of that is super cool to have, and I think after the game last year, I walked up to him and said, 'I appreciate last year. You played a hell of a game. Good job.'"
MSU should've done more to distance themselves from Gholston's conduct. playing tough, talking trash, is one thing; throwing a punch is another, and is beyond the line.

you guys are the whiners... LOL... the media's "Blue wall"

Boo hoo... the program that has more wins, championships, fans, money, and national reputation gets more press than ours does... IT'S NOT FAAAAAIR...

whiner.jpg

MD stood up for Will after the game, gholston had never had a penalty for anything other than offsides before that game, never had an incident off the field or got in any kind of trouble. two players go at it hard all game and the camera catches the retaliation and everyone jumps on that. Jonas Mouton punched a ND player during a game, stuff happens.

I'm not mad at Lewan for saying what he felt, just laughing at the coverage this gets to this day.

some 20-something sports blogger getting paid by the word to crank out off-season filler doesn't really equal "coverage" in my opinion.

though, you seem to forget Gholston also did this that game.

Wow, he totally manhandled Denard!

you should be proud of the way your team played. such good role models for the kids watching at home

some 20-something sports blogger getting paid by the word to crank out off-season filler doesn't really equal "coverage" in my opinion.

though, you seem to forget Gholston also did this that game.

Wow, he totally manhandled Denard!

you should be proud of the way your team played. such good role models for the kids watching at home

Brady Hoke didn't cry about how the game was played, just the fans and media.

you lost the game two years ago, time to move on.

also, Lewan wasn't voted the dirtiest player, he was just called that by a former teammate.

this is essentially an AA news article through Mlive from a UM beat writer. of course they didn't ask Gholston for his side of the story. he apologized for the incident, was suspended for a critical game and moved on. he never had any other incidents like this throughout his career.

I don't see these kind of stories being written by Diamond Leung on our side, no articles about Darius morris getting in Kalin Lucas's face and yelling "get the F off my court" in 2011.

Could you imagine a MSU writer doing a negative story about a UM player?

Last edited:
please stop trolling me.

just shaking my head that Michigan writers are still crying about this game two years later.

you guys do lose games, sometimes the other team is just better. you don't always need to find a villain, either a player who commits a PF, a clock operator, the wind, a bad call, Rich rod, etc. sometimes you just lose, we don't need a side story.

Michigan writers? it was one (1) MLive blogger.

no one blamed this loss on anything; just calling dirty play for what it is or was isn't whining.

you bring up Mouton - who I don't think any Michigan fan defended - which is bad, but the same thing as you did here: coach refuses to discipline kid for thug play, league has to step in.

RichRod was a dodgy guy, a liar, and a sleazebag... Dantonio sank to his level for a while there. he seems to have got his senses about him since then.

Michigan writers? it was one (1) MLive blogger.

no one blamed this loss on anything; just calling dirty play for what it is or was isn't whining.

you bring up Mouton - who I don't think any Michigan fan defended - which is bad, but the same thing as you did here: coach refuses to discipline kid for thug play, league has to step in.

RichRod was a dodgy guy, a liar, and a sleazebag... Dantonio sank to his level for a while there. he seems to have got his senses about him since then.

Its the spin technique we see all the time. Lets not talk about the result, lets change to conversation so we dont focus on a negative outcome, karl rove style.

Md was the same guy all along, rr had no influence. Believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around you guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

hahaha, i didn't spin anything. you brought up Mouton for no reason.

*bloop* just pulled it out of your ass like that.

"Gholston's punch was a dirty move."

"Oh yeah? Uh... MOUTON. Yeah."

The spin was from the media and um fans after the loss.

We got our asses kicked, lost 4 straight to msu

Lets talk about will gholston, avoid talking about the result of the game.

The field was crowned, Howard was interfered with, they put time back on the clock, Gholston played dirty, we just didn't play Michigan Football, blah, blah, blah, it's the same thing over and over. MSU beat Michigan down 2 years ago and it's still smarting. Even last year's last second FG to beat us hasn't erased the butt hurt.

seems like you guys are teh ones with the problem, doing teh whining and complaining over a a blog post... its not mich fans.

seems like you guys are teh ones with the problem, doing teh whining and complaining over a a blog post... its not mich fans.

Arguments with Michigan fans are rarely about the present, it's always about the past or the future, how we got screwed or how good we're going to be in a few years.

I called Valenti and Foster in May of 2008 and told them that the M and MSU football programs were level, with MSU's perhaps having a slight edge and they laughed me off the air.

I called Valenti and Foster in May of 2008 and told them that the M and MSU football programs were level, with MSU's perhaps having a slight edge and they laughed me off the air.

not sure what the point of this post is.

Back