Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

pistons trade for Brandon Jennings

gowings2004

It looks like the pistons traded brandon knight to the bucks for brandon jennings....not sure if i am that big of a fan of jennings. I don't think i like this move, but i also don't really know much about jennings except he likes to take a lot of shots. anyone a fan of this and want to try and change my mind?

I was happy with this until i saw Jenning's FG percentage, .324 last year, lower than a couple of the Tiger's batting averages. All in all though he's a decent defender, averages more assists, and probably has more potential. Middleton and Slava don't matter. interesting to see how this new roster shakes up. I wish knight the best.

Last edited:
One thing for sure is that this team is going to be bricking a ton of shots outside the paint. Might be the worst long range shooting team in the league. Hopefully they will make up for it with defense and rebounding.

This is a waste IMO. Don't see what it does for this team.

I actually think it makes the team better. No one wanted knight to be pg....kcp is our sg of the future. Knight doesn't fit and you trade him away for a pg...fine with it. Jennings is by no means a long term answer...but he's better than knight imo.

I actually think it makes the team better. No one wanted knight to be pg....kcp is our sg of the future. Knight doesn't fit and you trade him away for a pg...fine with it. Jennings is by no means a long term answer...but he's better than knight imo.

Well I should clarify. I don't see a long term plan geared towards making this team a title contender with this move.

You get to the playoffs first then you worry about a title.

Well I should clarify. I don't see a long term plan geared towards making this team a title contender with this move.

Agreed. If we wanted a title we shoulda tanked this upcomming year for a top 5 pick in the next draft. But joeD is fighting hard to save his job by making us a potential 8 seed / 1st rd exit team.....yay! Smith isn't a winner and jennings is a loser....but he's still better than knight. As a fan...I don't get excited about being a potential 8 seed. Joe is managing this team wrong. With what was at stake in next years draft I put this offseason as a worse gm job than the cv and ben gordon signings.

In the nfl yes. In the nba no....this team can't win 4 vs miami indy or a healthy chicago ny nj....not even close.

What I meant was, trading for this guy is fine because you need to get to the playoffs first. Have a productive year. Don''t worry about a title.

Well 8 mill a year isnt terrible, especially if he can shoot 42% or better in his prime, which shouldnt be too hard with the bigs he has now. Also his defense isn't an abomination like so many other volume shooting pg's. He's like a better left handed version of chauncey when he first came to the pistons.

Seems like Joe D. is in bargain hunting mode this season. Josh Smith at $13, Chauncey at $2.5, now Jennings at $8. All below market value imo. (about 2 mill below for each player)

So whats the lineup now?
PG- Jennings- Bynum-Siva
SG- KCP- Stuckey-Billups
SF- Smith-Datome- Singler
PF- Monroe-Smith-Mitchell-JJ- Cv
C- Drummond- Monroe

rip it apart

I secretly hope three starters get injured at start of season, so they can tank and be fully loaded when the next season starts with a guy like andrew wiggins or jabari parker in the fold.

What I meant was, trading for this guy is fine because you need to get to the playoffs first. Have a productive year. Don''t worry about a title.

They need superstar caliber players, which they don't have and probably won't get as a first round exit type of team.

I have a hard time seeing CV even get to the floor. Stuckey might be sunk too but he can at least contribute by getting to the rim from the outside, something nobody else on this team can really do.

Don't know where you got your info, but Jennings shot just under 40% this past year, and 42% the year before. Has solid 3PG percentage too, considering he takes a few. 6.5 assists per game last year on a offensive challenged team.. There isn't much NOT to like about this deal.

We don't need a superstar. You would think pistons fans would be the first ones to say that. We have a team that can win now unlike previous years. Be happy. Some ofmyoucguys are like eternally pessimistic, never happy with anything.

We don't need a superstar. You would think pistons fans would be the first ones to say that. We have a team that can win now unlike previous years. Be happy. Some ofmyoucguys are like eternally pessimistic, never happy with anything.

Few and far between how many teams can win championships without one. That Pistons team is the exception not the rule. I won't count on that happening again.

I would. Not exactly for is, but I would definitely bet another team that isn't star studded will surprise and win.

Back