Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Favorite mash episode

Somewhere in the first 3 years before Trapper and McLain left. Best? So many I'll have to think about that. And Its probably something to do with Frank Burns..

The best episode was the pilot. The rest of the series was okay, but a watered down version of the Movie. The pilot was something in between.

The one where Hawkeye and Trapper get drunk, play a practical joke on Frank, go behind Henry's back to get something done, operate for 134 straight hours and Radar hears the choppers before everyone else.

Last edited:
The best episode was the pilot. The rest of the series was okay, but a watered down version of the Movie. The pilot was something in between.

The movie was good until they started the football game and then sucked balls.

The one where Hawkeye and Trapper get drunk, play a practical joke on Frank, go behind Henry's back to get something done, operate for 134 straight hours and Radar hears the choppers before everyone else.

Lol.

The one after the finale.

aftermash-4ed8fa9ceb820.png

Isn't that the one where, after the practical joke is exposed, Hot Lips Houlihan and Frank confront Hawkeye and Trapper and scold them for being unrecalcitrant derelicts, and also to cover Hawkeye and Trapper's butts for going behind Henry's back, Radar holds out a file to Henry just as Henry is turning and about to ask him to retrieve it?

I watched all the time as a kid, but that was like 30 years ago, and I don't really remember any individual episodes (they all kinda blur into one as Byco alluded to) except for the one where a sniper terrorizes the camp. I remember they finally machine gun him from a helicopter, and Hawkeye goes out there, finds he's alive but badly wounded, and tells him "You're lucky to be alive."

still a great show, and amazing how long of a run it had. I think the Army would send a drone to Hellfire the set if they tried to make it today.

Last edited by a moderator:
1972-1983. Back then, 11 years was long. In-fact when the show ended I believe it had the distinction of being the longest TV series to date. Of course now with Law & Order and SNL etc, not anymore.

It was the best when Trapper, McClain and Burns were all still there, first 3 years. IMO.

Last edited:
1972-1983. Back then, 11 years was long. In-fact when the show ended I believe it had the distinction of being the longest TV series to date. Of course now with Law & Order and SNL etc, not anymore.

It was the best when Trapper, McClain and Burns were all still there, first 3 years. IMO.

Agreed. It was almost terrible at the end when Hawkeye and BJ were actually friendly with Hot Lips Hoolighan and Charles Emerson Winchester III. Klinger lost the dress, Radar went home, and it was boring as all fuck.

No doubt. Hooligan character was so different after Frank left. Winchester wasn't near as fun to make fun off, Potter wasn't as dumb as McClain and BJ just sucked..

No dress for Klinger, come on.

A Big Red Bird with Fuzzy Pink Feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_JnUDHa0GA

Get outta Dodge...

Patrick swayze was in an episode, ironically playing a guy diagnosed with leukemia

I liked the older episodes too ...I think later Alan Alda took over and the storylines got sappy and sought to resolve Vietnam War issues, by proxy. And one time, Larry Linville spoke at an event hosted by NMC at the Cherry County Playhouse. They showed a "lost episode" of MASH and then an incredibly drunk Frank Burns rambled on forever. Apparently the school asked him to refund the speaking fee. And I can still remember watching the final episode as a young'ish kid in Evanston, IL -- my Mom got choked up and to this day, the theme song makes me think of being a kid at my Dad's and falling asleep -- MASH came on after the local news, so always coincided with bedtime.

Back