Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

may get first 2015 recruit soon

Sbee

rumor is Joshua alibi is close to popping for MSU. 2015 kid from cass tech, big DE, no star ranking but solid offer sheet including Michigan, OSU, Tennessee, and Nebraska

He's a mid 4 star recruit, #2 guy in the state. Top 150 player. I've heard Alabi, but now I'm hearing it's Jahru Cambell instead, 4 star Cass Tech QB with offers from Bama and ND. We'll have to wait and see, would love both, Alabi is a battle between us and Tennessee I hear. Think we lead for Stallworth and Weber too.

He's a mid 4 star recruit, #2 guy in the state. Top 150 player. I've heard Alabi, but now I'm hearing it's Jahru Cambell instead, 4 star Cass Tech QB with offers from Bama and ND. We'll have to wait and see, would love both, Alabi is a battle between us and Tennessee I hear. Think we lead for Stallworth and Weber too.

"@JermainCrowell: Something big is about to happen!"

assistant coach at cass tech. not sure if this has anything to do with visits tomorrow

Total of 30 recruits coming for Wednesday, 1st day in pads for the team, should be a cool environment. Blackwell is no joke, he is the man when it comes to high school recruits from Detroit, could bring some commits right away.

Damon Webb's dad said if we hired him earlier, Webb would be a Spartan.

If someone signs an offer sheet or whatever some kid might do this early can they change their mind at all? I'm always confused about that..

If someone signs an offer sheet or whatever some kid might do this early can they change their mind at all? I'm always confused about that..

you can go somewhere else as long as you don't sign a binding letter of intent, players can't do that until February of their senior year. MSU has been very lucky in that we've had one decommit in the last 3-4 years, it was a big one but the only reason he left was Urban Meyer being hired at OSU

Jayru is possible as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Jayru Campbell ‏@JayruCampbell 23m
Thoughts on Michigan State? — Love em!!

Campbell, Weber, Stallworth, and Alabi on campus today and possibly tomorrow too.

Last edited:
Jayru Campbell ‏@JayruCampbell 23m
Thoughts on Michigan State? ? Love em!!

Campbell, Weber, Stallworth, and Alabi on campus today and possibly tomorrow too.

Campbell has offers from alabama, nd, and Wisconsin

FWIW, Wiltfong now saying MSU could sweep the top 5 players in the State for 2015. He's been saying how huge the Blackwell hiring was from the get go. The guy knows everybody, I guess Michael Weber's father and he graduated HS together and are best friends, he coached Brian Cole's 7 on 7 team and knows his whole family. Has also known and mentored Campbell and Alabi since they were kids.

Would love it if he could flip Damon Webb from tOSU to MSU, he's good friends with his father. With the inroads we've made in Chicago and now Blackwell opening up things in Detroit, the times they are a changing.

you can go somewhere else as long as you don't sign a binding letter of intent, players can't do that until February of their senior year. MSU has been very lucky in that we've had one decommit in the last 3-4 years, it was a big one but the only reason he left was Urban Meyer being hired at OSU

Okay thanks.

Jayru Campbell@JayruCampbell 15m
No longer going to Michigan st tonight, i have GREAT NEWS for everyone tonight though!

Jayru Campbell@JayruCampbell 15m
No longer going to Michigan st tonight, i have GREAT NEWS for everyone tonight though!

We're recruiting him at qb but we're set w durkin and terry for a while. You do always want one qb on each class

We're recruiting him at qb but we're set w durkin and terry for a while. You do always want one qb on each class

I think we'll see him playing at WR for a bit, then maybe his junior or senior year we'd see him at QB. Kinda like what UM did with Gardner.

More reliable information coming out this evening, 4 of the 5 are spending the night tonight, with the 5th, Cole, joining them tomorrow. Stallworth and Campbell are officially on commit watch, with Stallworth being quoted as saying he's "80% going to commit". Stallworth has provided quotes for a story if he does commit tomorrow.

John Kelly is also spending the night and is an MSU lean, they are calling themselves, the "Fab Five" unofficially, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to take a bunch of money and ruin a program for 2 decades.

Last edited:
More reliable information coming out this evening, 4 of the 5 are spending the night tonight, with the 5th, Cole, joining them tomorrow. Stallworth and Campbell are officially on commit watch, with Stallworth being quoted as saying he's "80% going to commit". Stallworth has provided quotes for a story if he does commit tomorrow.

John Kelly is also spending the night and is an MSU lean, they are calling themselves, the "Fab Five" unofficially, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to take a bunch of money and ruin a program for 2 decades.

it would be nice to get a good start for 2015. we're starting to fill up early with small classes and low attrition

Fab Five, smh

The local insiders are buzzing today, the writers are planning on a very busy day. There's speculation that we could receive several commits for the 2015 class today or tomorrow. Brian Cole is talked about as the most likely to commit along with Stallworth and Campbell. The top guys in the state for 2015 have been talking about doing something historic together.

Doubt it happens, but it would be an absolute statement by MSU and Curtis Blackwell if Cole, Alabi, Stallworth, Weber, and Campbell all went Green this week. I'll keep you posted as I read stuff, but there's reliable sources saying this is going to be a very good day for Spartan Football.

Last edited:
New tweet

"@JayruCampbell: What college should i go to and why?"

When asked if he thinks today could be big day off the field for MSU.

@AllenTrieu: Yes I do

Joe Rexrode ‏@joerexrode 3m

Tons of recruits, in MSU jerseys, were at MSU's practice this morning. You may have heard. Interesting stuff on field too.

Last edited:
Back