Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welcome to MSU Keyonta Stallworth

johnny2x2x

1st commit for 2015. Very athletic for a big man, 4 star, top 200 player, #3 for the state of Michigan. Will probably play guard at Michigan State, but possible DT.

More to follow. Same writer who called this last night is very optimistic on both Cole and Campbell today.

Stallworth:
"Now they have one of the greatest people in the world, coach (Curtis) Blackwell on their recruiting coaching staff. That gave them extra points with me. I was real happy that they did get coach Blackwell up there. He’s a terrific man.”

“The new fab five have talked about us playing at State together,” Stallworth said. “Our goal is to win a national championship together. We’ve all talked about making that happen at State.”

Blackwell hire paying off already.

Last edited:
Very good news, im not penciling him as an all American but I trust our talent evaluators. Good to get plan a guys early.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Very good news, im not penciling him as an all American but I trust our talent evaluators. Good to get plan a guys early.

Yeah, 2015 is such a long ways away, the trend is towards earlier and earlier commitments, but with that comes some risk. You're dealing with sophomores in high school now, you still have to trust our coaches and their evaluations.

Hopefully we get a few more to pop today.

Md gets his guys, red shirt, low attrition

Huge get, have seen rumblings we might get Campbell today, too. Hopefully Stallworth is already working on everyone today.

Fyi, stallworth is a soft commit. Needs to talk to his parents, said its accurate that hes a msu commit but still needs a little time

From Sean Scherer on tRCMB:

Saint Clair Shores (Mich.) South Lake junior lineman Kyonta Stallworth gave me a pre-write commit story yesterday and told me his plan was to commit to Michigan State today. I was told by a great source that Stallworth told Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio that he did commit today. Stallworth is planning on going to MSU, but the only thing that needs to happen here is to get Stallworth's mom and dad in front of Dantonio to make everything 100-percent official. Dantonio takes a lot of pride in having few decommits from MSU, so all that's happening here is Stallworth's mom just really wants to get in front of Dantonio. Stallworth is planning on going to Michigan State. I'm not going to pull his commit story, or the analysis, or remove Stallworth as a MSU commit in the 247 database. From every source I've spoken with, Stallworth is going to Michigan State and is a Spartan. I'll have more on Stallworth when I call him this evening and plan on speaking with his mom as well.

From Sean Scherer on tRCMB:

Saint Clair Shores (Mich.) South Lake junior lineman Kyonta Stallworth gave me a pre-write commit story yesterday and told me his plan was to commit to Michigan State today. I was told by a great source that Stallworth told Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio that he did commit today. Stallworth is planning on going to MSU, but the only thing that needs to happen here is to get Stallworth's mom and dad in front of Dantonio to make everything 100-percent official. Dantonio takes a lot of pride in having few decommits from MSU, so all that's happening here is Stallworth's mom just really wants to get in front of Dantonio. Stallworth is planning on going to Michigan State. I'm not going to pull his commit story, or the analysis, or remove Stallworth as a MSU commit in the 247 database. From every source I've spoken with, Stallworth is going to Michigan State and is a Spartan. I'll have more on Stallworth when I call him this evening and plan on speaking with his mom as well.

Comporoni said the same thing, had phobe interview w stallworth

Heard the same thing now. He's a 16 year old kid, they sometimes get a little excited, he's been an MSU heavy lean for a while.

Now out that he committed to Dantonio, but it was supposed to be a silent commit until his parents could come down with him and make it official. Again, we're talking about a junior to be in high school. Glad to have him on board, even if we have to wait a bit to make it official. Have to wait about 18 months to make it official anyway.

FWIW ESPN has him at 184 for 2015 and a 4 star recruit

Back