Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Devin Booker top 5

Sbee

In no order, Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan state, mizzou.

Interesting recruitment, grew up in Michigan, lives in Mississippi with his dad. Rumor was that he was a Michigan lean but ive heard otherwise from msu recruiting experts.

A caveat is that hes supposedly tight w drake harris and harris is recruiting him hard to go to Michigan. Harris said all along that he would only play bb for izzo, he reiterated that after committing to Michigan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

With all the big recruits that Michigan and MSU have been getting, this could be a very good stretch of games between us. The rivalry in both major sports is heating up. I only wish I still lived in Michigan to be able to fully enjoy it.

With all the big recruits that Michigan and MSU have been getting, this could be a very good stretch of games between us. The rivalry in both major sports is heating up. I only wish I still lived in Michigan to be able to fully enjoy it.

it's an uphill climb for UM hoops and MSU football. I know Michigan just made the title game but a few big ten teams have made it since MSU won the last NC, Indiana, OSU, Michigan, IL, the question is does Michigan have staying power? the top 3 programs of the last decade have no doubt been MSU, OSU, and Wisconsin. IU is now back and they have all of the resources and a rabid basketball fan base, in the conference wins are a zero sum game.

I feel the same way with MSU football, we didn't get any favors by going over to the east.

it's an uphill climb for UM hoops and MSU football. I know Michigan just made the title game but a few big ten teams have made it since MSU won the last NC, Indiana, OSU, Michigan, IL, the question is does Michigan have staying power? the top 3 programs of the last decade have no doubt been MSU, OSU, and Wisconsin. IU is now back and they have all of the resources and a rabid basketball fan base, in the conference wins are a zero sum game.

I feel the same way with MSU football, we didn't get any favors by going over to the east.

I don't believe that at all. Michigan Basketball struggled for about 10 years. Before that, we were essentially a better basketball program than MSU for two decades. Sure, some of that was in the time of the booster who shall not be named. The Michigan brand is very powerful, you know that. With all the new facilities we have, we're definitely an attractive school.

I don't think there's too much competition between us and the rest of the Big 10 as far as recruits go to have us all be good for a long time. Wisconsin is far from a recruiting powerhouse, so we won't be competing for recruits with them.. The only teams in the B1G that really can get the big recruits consistently are us, MSU, OSU, and IU. I'm sure there will be some up and down years for each team, but I don't think any of us are going away. Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio are always stacked with talent, so unless other schools start being able to poach that talent, we'll all be okay.

As far as MSU football, I do agree that it's uphill for you. There's been a handful of good years, but prior to that, you haven't been a consistent football power in decades. HOWEVER, Dantonio is a damn good coach. I'd say he's top 10 in the country, easily. I'm shocked that a bigger school hasn't taken him from you, yet. I think that getting a top 20-30 recruiting class every year is just about all you can expect, but it's really all you need. As long as MD is there, Sparty will be a threat. I doubt it'll be consistently a power, but each year's game in AA or EL will not be a foregone conclusion as it has in the past.

I don't believe that at all. Michigan Basketball struggled for about 10 years. Before that, we were essentially a better basketball program than MSU for two decades. Sure, some of that was in the time of the booster who shall not be named. The Michigan brand is very powerful, you know that. With all the new facilities we have, we're definitely an attractive school.

I don't think there's too much competition between us and the rest of the Big 10 as far as recruits go to have us all be good for a long time. Wisconsin is far from a recruiting powerhouse, so we won't be competing for recruits with them.. The only teams in the B1G that really can get the big recruits consistently are us, MSU, OSU, and IU. I'm sure there will be some up and down years for each team, but I don't think any of us are going away. Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio are always stacked with talent, so unless other schools start being able to poach that talent, we'll all be okay.

As far as MSU football, I do agree that it's uphill for you. There's been a handful of good years, but prior to that, you haven't been a consistent football power in decades. HOWEVER, Dantonio is a damn good coach. I'd say he's top 10 in the country, easily. I'm shocked that a bigger school hasn't taken him from you, yet. I think that getting a top 20-30 recruiting class every year is just about all you can expect, but it's really all you need. As long as MD is there, Sparty will be a threat. I doubt it'll be consistently a power, but each year's game in AA or EL will not be a foregone conclusion as it has in the past.

I'm not saying that UM is going to fall back to the Tommy turtleneck era, I'm just not sure if they'll be closer to MSU/OSU or closer to IL or MN.

Back