Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tyus Jones official list, no MSU

Sbee

looks like officials to Kansas, Baylor, Duke, and Kentucky, possible unofficial to Minnesota.

the recruitment of Ulis will be key, he's tight with Booker and Alexander.

looks like officials to Kansas, Baylor, Duke, and Kentucky, possible unofficial to Minnesota.

the recruitment of Ulis will be key, he's tight with Booker and Alexander.

Shoot...:ugh:

And ulis just got a Kentucky offer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The fact that he had Kentucky in his final 4 BEFORE even getting an offer scares me a bit. But if Kentucky gets either Jones(not likely IMO) or Emmanuel Mudiay(more likely) I'd feel much better about our chances.

I just hope Jones and Mudiay choose soon so we'll know where we are at the PG position. I'd hate to miss out on all 3 and end up with a Darrell Davis type player. Hard to get other big name players to commit without that big time PG.

The fact that he had Kentucky in his final 4 BEFORE even getting an offer scares me a bit. But if Kentucky gets either Jones(not likely IMO) or Emmanuel Mudiay(more likely) I'd feel much better about our chances.

I just hope Jones and Mudiay choose soon so we'll know where we are at the PG position. I'd hate to miss out on all 3 and end up with a Darrell Davis type player. Hard to get other big name players to commit without that big time PG.

who knows if UK if committable, they have offers to the top 2 pg's in the class and they will recruit over Ulis. I think MSU is the best fit for him and he's the best fit for MSU. i'd take 4yrs of Ulis over one from Jones/Mudiay, UK would rather have the other

who knows if UK if committable, they have offers to the top 2 pg's in the class and they will recruit over Ulis. I think MSU is the best fit for him and he's the best fit for MSU. i'd take 4yrs of Ulis over one from Jones/Mudiay, UK would rather have the other
I'm a little worried that Kentucky will take 2 pg's this year and I really don't think that have much of a chance at Jones. I'm thinking they'd really like the Mudiay/Ulis combo. Ulis really stepped up this summer and it could hurt us.

My fear is that we spent all of our efforts on Jones and Ulis and if we miss out on them we'll be left with a local kid because we went up against the big boys for the top recruits. Maybe we should've been in on a guy like Josh Perkins too.

I'm a little worried that Kentucky will take 2 pg's this year and I really don't think that have much of a chance at Jones. I'm thinking they'd really like the Mudiay/Ulis combo. Ulis really stepped up this summer and it could hurt us.

My fear is that we spent all of our efforts on Jones and Ulis and if we miss out on them we'll be left with a local kid because we went up against the big boys for the top recruits. Maybe we should've been in on a guy like Josh Perkins too.

it's tough because very few top 2014 players have committed and the unknown is scary, i'd be lying if I wasn't concerned about the 2014 class. I don't want a starting lineup of Trice, Ellis, Byrd, Costello, and Kaminsky.

we are getting interest from Quentin Snider as well, just decomitted from Louisville, stud PG, #31 player in the country.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Quentin-Snider-130434

I still feel good about Ulis. He probably just wants to experience the whole recruiting process from other schools and enjoy being a highly sought after recruit. Having Walton there to persuade him really helps. I think he will be Green.

I still feel good about Ulis. He probably just wants to experience the whole recruiting process from other schools and enjoy being a highly sought after recruit. Having Walton there to persuade him really helps. I think he will be Green.

he said that MSU was his dream school, of course things change but i'd be surprised if he goes somewhere else

With Mundiay committing to SMU and the fact we just offered Snider, I'd say the odds of Ulis not committing to Kentucky on his visit Sept 9th are slim.

With Mundiay committing to SMU and the fact we just offered Snider, I'd say the odds of Ulis not committing to Kentucky on his visit Sept 9th are slim.

He'll be in East Lansing with Booker and possibly Looney on September 6th. There's been a lot of hub bub about the Kentucky offer, but Sean Scherer plays it pretty straight and talked to Ullis's dad this morning and still seems to think MSU leads for Ullis. Ullis called MSU, not Kentucky, his dream school. Snider is a very good prospect in his own right, he's a top 30 player. What makes Ullis so appealing though is that Booker likely comes with him.

he's tight with Booker and they are both visiting at the same time. the thought was that if we get Ulis, Booker comes as well.

He'll be in East Lansing with Booker and possibly Looney on September 6th. There's been a lot of hub bub about the Kentucky offer, but Sean Scherer plays it pretty straight and talked to Ullis's dad this morning and still seems to think MSU leads for Ullis. Ullis called MSU, not Kentucky, his dream school. Snider is a very good prospect in his own right, he's a top 30 player. What makes Ullis so appealing though is that Booker likely comes with him.

also, Ulis seems to have an "it factor" to him. something about his game, he looks like he's un-guardable. his height means that he would likely be a 4yr player. I think MSU fans like underdogs and Ulis seems like a perfect fit for Izzo.

Back