Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Damion Terry went off today

johnny2x2x

10-14-240 with 3 TDs and 40 yards rushing in today's scrimmage. Some of it against the #1 defense. Arnett also had a big day and Jeremy Langford ran 13 times for 75 yards an 2 TDs. Langford appears to have the starting RB spot, he's running angry and more powerful, still has that 4.3 speed in his back pocket too.

Last edited:
Saw the stats, it seems like the offense came alive late. Any idea if he was playing against 1's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Terry could be one of those special players. He basically rewrote the Pennsylvania High School record book for QBs and led his team to 15-0 and a state title in PA's 2nd biggest division. What I saw from his high school film was a superior athlete who was an extremely accurate passer on the move, he can make things happen and has a great head for the game. He's smart and a born leader. His arm strength was very underrated and his film shows him zipping the ball 60+ yards on several occasions. Can he learn the offense fast enough?

Who ever can make the most plays will start for us. Maxwell is hanging onto his #1 spot by a thread.

If its close you want the young guy to get the reps because he has a higher ceiling. I want him to red shirt or start. The worst thing would be for him to start a few games and then get benched

If its close you want the young guy to get the reps because he has a higher ceiling. I want him to red shirt or start. The worst thing would be for him to start a few games and then get benched

Well, if he gets reps a few games he can still take an "injury" red shirt.

Well, if he gets reps a few games he can still take an "injury" red shirt.

I dont know if he plays for the right school to pull that off

I think you can write off any chances of the rose bowl if DT is our QB this year

I do think it's good that we're hearing good things about him, he had a killer senior year and he's a very good prospect.

i'd just much rather have an experienced QB

Not sure if trolling or a straight up moron.

I was simply pointing out the other side of the argument that fans often fail to acknowledge. Because someone does awesome in practice or in a scrimmage against your own defense does not really mean much.

I was simply pointing out the other side of the argument that fans often fail to acknowledge. Because someone does awesome in practice or in a scrimmage against your own defense does not really mean much.

We were the best defense in the conference, top 5 nationally w 8 starters returning. Saying our offense sucks would be more accurate but saying our defense is bad is either really stupid or a bad attempt at trolling.

We were the best defense in the conference, top 5 nationally w 8 starters returning. Saying our offense sucks would be more accurate but saying our defense is bad is either really stupid or a bad attempt at trolling.

It was clearly an overly simplified comment to point out how silly it is to be excited about practice stats of a freshman QB. No, your defense probably doesn't suck but your freshman QB probably isn't nearly as good as his practice stats either.

Honestly, I just hope whomever wins the QB competition can actually play. Our WRs weren't a strength last year and probably won't be this year. Maxwell did less with little, but at least he has a year of experience. Our offense is probably only going to go as far as our ability to run the ball anyway, so I lean towards the more athletic QB who can manufacture yards with his feet.

It was clearly an overly simplified comment to point out how silly it is to be excited about practice stats of a freshman QB. No, your defense probably doesn't suck but your freshman QB probably isn't nearly as good as his practice stats either.

nobody got too excited about practice stats but overall, seeing good numbers from Terry against the 1st string defense is very encouraging. the best thing for MSU would be for Terry to be a scout team qb this year and for one of the older guys to claim the job.

I think our Qb situation is more of a crisis than a competition at this point, I am not happy about hearing that Terry could be the starter. I wanted Maxwell to come in and look much better and claim the job, some people will spin this as saying that we just have 4 good qb's and great depth but that's a bit far fetched.

I don't like the fact that we're 10 days from the opener and 4 guys are getting reps with the 1's

Back