Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Nick Castellanos Just tied the Caps hit record

biggunsbob

Just got a single in the bottom of the 8th inning and got his 3rd hit of the game and tied Robert Fick's club single season record at West Michigan with 158 hits. He will have a chance to break the record on Monday.. Nick is 3 for 4 today with a opposite field homer..

Caps are winning big today and Monday's games verses Fort Wayne will be for the final playoff spot in the Midwest league..

KC will have a full recap later...

I remember reading all about robert fick tearing it up back then....that's impressive for nick.

jimmygank said:
I remember reading all about robert fick tearing it up back then....that's impressive for nick.

Yeah Robert's season by comparison was really fantastic even compared to Nick's

Robert 100 runs,50 doubles, 3 triples, 16 homers,90 rbis, and 75 walks and 74 k's... Fick batted .341/.429/.566/.994 that was in 1997.

Nick's year so far is 62 runs, 36 doubles, 3 triples, 7 homers, 75 rbi's. With 43 walks and 130 k's... Nick is batting .310/.364/.430/.794..

Looks like Nick needs to cut down on his strikeouts a bit...But still a fantastic year for him..

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110904&content_id=24220142&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&sid=t582
WHITECAPS WIN TO FORCE WINNER-TAKE-ALL FINALE.
from milb.com

West Michigan (38-31, 70-68) and Fort Wayne (38-31, 68-70) are tied for the Eastern Division's second half Wild Card spot heading into the final game of the regular season, setting up a do-or-die match-up on Monday afternoon that will send one team to the post-season while the other heads home.

Nick Castellanos led the offense with a 3-for-4 day that increased his league-leading hits total to 158, leaving him tied for the franchise's single-season record established by Robert Fick of the 1997 Whitecaps.

would like to see show a bit more power...especially if he's going to be that big a liability on D however.

Not to diminish him doing all this before he's old enough to drink a beer legally lol.

stonecold2136 said:
Nick looks like the answer at 3B

hope so...makes sense to roll with betemit for 2012.

not sure Nick would be ready for 2013 tho...that would be pretty quick.

Really improved his walk rate as the season went on, which was good to see.

Hopefully next year he'll keep up the strong walk rate and turn some of those doubles into HRs.

I would think he could have 18 to 25 hr power in 2 years. Power is so hard to predict now that PED'S are out of the game

stonecold2136 said:
I would think he could have 18 to 25 hr power in 2 years. Power is so hard to predict now that PED'S are out of the game

PEDs aren't out of the game.

Well we do have to consider the park he plays in.... The Caps play in a pitchers park..

Cap's lost today 7-2 and Nick did not get a hit... So they lost out on a playoff spot to damn it.

Nice to see the progress he is making. Hope he can make it up by 2013, the core of the Tigers should still be together, would be nice to have a good player at 3rd.

stonecold2136 said:
Nick looks like the answer at 3B
I read recently, can't remember where, that Nick projects as a corner OF. Too big and slow for 3rd.

Back