Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

South Florida depth chart

Sbee

Maxwell or Cook at Qb
Kings at WR
still no LT

consistent with the interviews with MD saying that he didn't think the QB play was the problem, more WR's, hence the fowler demotion

Arnett isn't listed but I think that's a mistake, Burbridge listed twice

Arnett isn't listed but I think that's a mistake, Burbridge listed twice

MD said Arnett not being listed was a mistake. Fowler demoted (Thank God) Kings starting in his place. QB battle still open.

I think he'd be better served by just backing Maxwell this week. give him a vote of confidence and see if he plays better without the worry that he's about to lose his job if/when he throws a pick.

if he plays poorly again after that, hint that they'll split snaps going forward. but at least then you know that it's not just nerves holding him back.

any indication how Maxwell gets along with his teammates? if he's well-liked and a leader, it's going to hurt team morale to keep holding him back.

MD said Arnett not being listed was a mistake. Fowler demoted (Thank God) Kings starting in his place. QB battle still open.

that's fine, this is a scrimmage really. We know what Maxwell can give us, somewhat accurate short throws that are often dropped. Cook looks reckless out there, tries to make throws that he shouldn't and overthrows receivers, 6 for 16 doesn't encourage me. I still think it doesn't matter who's back there if we're going to have the drops.

also, it kills me that people are clamoring for O'Connor and Terry. I trust the coaching staff to play the guy who gives us the best chance to win, they see Terry and O'Conner everyday and determine that they aren't ready.

I really want us to just pick one guy and stick with them, we need a #1 QB repping with our WR's and get some continuity out there

Word is that Demetrius Cooper will play this weekend, he's up to 230 lbs at 6-5-1/2, still thin, but this kid is an explosive athlete. DE James Lyles being moved to TE.

Interesting developments in the timing. Cooper is just too great of an athlete to keep off the field, he's the definition of a fast twitch freak, just needs to put the weight on to be an NFL player IMO.

Lost in Friday night's debacle was the play of the D line, I saw better use of their hands in getting through blocks, especially the DTs who look much improved over last year as a group. Calhoun, Drone, Heath and Rush this year are perhaps a better 4 DE rotation than we had last year including Gholston.

USF getting 23.5. I'll never get short the Spartans but favored by 3 less than the total they put up last week - after watching that offense, that sounds like easy $.

Last edited:
USF getting 23.5. I'll never get short the Spartans but favored by 3 less than the total they put up last week - after watching that offense, that sounds like easy $.

I was thinking the opposite, usf lost by 32 to an fbs school

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Word is that Demetrius Cooper will play this weekend, he's up to 230 lbs at 6-5-1/2, still thin, but this kid is an explosive athlete. DE James Lyles being moved to TE.

Interesting developments in the timing. Cooper is just too great of an athlete to keep off the field, he's the definition of a fast twitch freak, just needs to put the weight on to be an NFL player IMO.

Lost in Friday night's debacle was the play of the D line, I saw better use of their hands in getting through blocks, especially the DTs who look much improved over last year as a group. Calhoun, Drone, Heath and Rush this year are perhaps a better 4 DE rotation than we had last year including Gholston.

We were without our top 2 dt in kittridge and lt. We'll be nasty once healthy. Wmu just decided to chuck it deep and hope, they had a few big plays but we were solid overall

I was thinking the opposite, usf lost by 32 to an fbs school

only thing worse than the spartans' record last year was their record against the spread...

We were without our top 2 dt in kittridge and lt. We'll be nasty once healthy. Wmu just decided to chuck it deep and hope, they had a few big plays but we were solid overall

Kittredge and LT are not starters, Hoover was clearly our best DT last season and was alwasy going to start. Reynolds is an ideal Nose Tackle and was probably going to start no matter what too. Kittredge gives us something else at the nose and can really penetrate. LT has that athleticism, but has been hurt too often to develop. Those 2 will be back in the rotation in a copuple games though. It was the play of Knox that was especially promising though. We're going to rotate 5 or 6 quality DTs most of the season along with 4 or 5 quality DEs. Burton has improved the D line's technique, they are deeper than last year too, could be a special group by mid season.

It's the deepest and most talented MSU defense I've seen in my lifetime, that's not the problem. The offense has to really show me something Saturday or that great defense could be wasted.

only thing worse than the spartans' record last year was their record against the spread...

can't dispute that but I still like us giving 23 at home against a team that just got blasted by a FCS team

Friendly number and as tempting as that line is I can't break my own rule and bet against the Spartans. The closest I ever get to that is taking the occasional under. Speaking of unders, I love <52 for Mich/nd - I think 15 points could win that game.

Last edited:
Must be a bit of a let down to schedule a team when it's pretty good only to play it when it is no longer.

Back