Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rod and Mario not doing another game

Listening to the national guys the past two games was a nice break from Mario and Rod.

My ears hurt the entire game tonight. I can't stand listening to the ESPN guys announcing for any game, let alone a Tigers game. At one point tonight they called Alex Avila "AJ" when he went out to the mound to talk to Max.

A wrong player or mispronunciation of Avila's name means nothing to me. Their game-calling and analyzations were a refreshing change from Mario and Rod.

None of the national guys are perfect following players they hardly-ever see live-stream during the season.

I don't sweat the small mistakes.

Rod is having a great season behind the mike. Nice to see Allen doing his homework this season.

Mario is Mr. Consistent behind the mike. If he added a little humor every game, he would finally get that national games contract.

They explained the dual pronunciation of Avila. I remember when he first came up and Rod and Mario kept going back and forth between the two.

Back