Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Desmond ranks MSU as #3 rival

Sbee

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130906/SPORTS0201/309060090/1132/rss18

who really gives a shit? why do they have to keep having articles like this? the good thing is that it does provide more motivation for our guys so that's good.

also, just a side note. this historic rivalry with Michigan has only been going on since 1978, much less time than other ND rivalries. there have been some great games in the series but it's not like these team have even been that good in the last 15 years or so, outside of ND last year.

I guess "they have articles like this" because it gets to you. The question is why does it get to you.

In the last "15 years or so," M has an NC and 8 additional seasons of 3-or-less losses and 10+-win seasons. And M is 10-6 vs. MSU in that time frame. It's an inconvenient truth to some Sparties, apparently, that MSU is a tertiary rival to Michigan.

Armpunts and Desmond, 2 classless arroghant assholes. Why is this news? I guarantee you that MSU's wins over U of M in 2008-2011 hurt more than the losses Michigan has had to OSU and ND.

Armpunts and Desmond, 2 classless arroghant assholes. Why is this news? I guarantee you that MSU's wins over U of M in 2008-2011 hurt more than the losses Michigan has had to OSU and ND.

I can guarantee you they did not. The only needling aspect of M losing to MSU is that it has happened relatively infrequently in the last 45 or so years.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130906/SPORTS0201/309060090/1132/rss18

who really gives a shit? why do they have to keep having articles like this? the good thing is that it does provide more motivation for our guys so that's good.

also, just a side note. this historic rivalry with Michigan has only been going on since 1978, much less time than other ND rivalries. there have been some great games in the series but it's not like these team have even been that good in the last 15 years or so, outside of ND last year.

You still think ND was good last year? beat michigan by 4 with a 6-2 turnover adavantage, barely beat Purdue, came from behind and needed triple OT AT HOME to beat PITT, a 3 pt win vs. BYU. All lousy teams - even the win against OK was a joke - Landry Jones will be selling F-150s at Norman Ford in a year. That team and their schedule was a joke last year. They were completely exposed in the NC, which they lucked into as they were a ball bounce or two away from losing half their games.

And who cares what Desmond says? He's like Mike Hart except Desmond could play football.

Last edited:
HaHaHa, thats funny. If you're talking national recognition, ND obviously has more than us. But since when did that determine who a bigger rival is ? I would say having played more overall games, and having family and friends involved make it more personal. Hell, most wolvie fans I know HATE us, and I would go out on a limb and say that most on this board show their disdain for MSU much more than ND, except maybe Vic, I think he has equal hatred for both of us, lol.

Fact is, the in state rivalry has been as good as it gets. I hope these ass clowns keep opening their mouths, because when they do, the bigger my smile gets. The more they minimize us, the more I know how much they hate us.

Last edited:
I guess "they have articles like this" because it gets to you. The question is why does it get to you.

In the last "15 years or so," M has an NC and 8 additional seasons of 3-or-less losses and 10+-win seasons. And M is 10-6 vs. MSU in that time frame. It's an inconvenient truth to some Sparties, apparently, that MSU is a tertiary rival to Michigan.

Tertiary. SEE WHAT I MEAN. HaHaHaHa.

3rfeoz.jpg

LOL, in NO way should he be saying that. You know what I mean.

I believe this was after he won the Sugar Bowl... A BCS bowl game... Something Sparty knows nothing about. Something they thought they should have been in even with more losses than that Michigan team. U MAD???

I believe this was after he won the Sugar Bowl... A BCS bowl game... Something Sparty knows nothing about. Something they thought they should have been in even with more losses than that Michigan team. U MAD???

Why would I be mad ? Denard went 1-3 against us. That made me happy.

He has a Sugar Bowl ring and national records. While Sparty has a qb who cries about Michigan after losing in the B1G championship game. Who's the little brother? lol

LOL, okay. So he lost 3 out of 4 games against us and never won a B1G title, but he can call us little brother because of his sugar bowl accomplishment ? What do national records have to do with Um vs MSU ? Logic is not a strong suit of yours, is it Diggs ? Anyway, goodluck tomorrow against your #2 rival :cheers:

LOL, okay. So he lost 3 out of 4 games against us and never won a B1G title, but he can call us little brother because of his sugar bowl accomplishment ? What do national records have to do with Um vs MSU ? Logic is not a strong suit of yours, is it Diggs ? Anyway, goodluck tomorrow against your #2 rival :cheers:
He can call you little brother the way Kork Coupons cried about Michigan after losing a game against Wisconsin. If that doesn't say little brother i don't know what does. Records have nothing to do with the way YOUR team carries its inferiority problem.

He can call you little brother the way Kork Coupons cried about Michigan after losing a game against Wisconsin. If that doesn't say little brother i don't know what does. Records have nothing to do with the way YOUR team carries its inferiority problem.

U mad ???

Back