Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Walking Miggy to get to VMart

It's not a great choice for a manager but it's not a dumb move at all. They know it's not ideal. That just tells you how great of a hitter they think Miggy is.

Like Joe Maddon says, "We might get beat, but Miguel Cabrera is not the one who's going to beat us".

Yeah I normally would agree but Mart is like. 400 plus after a Miggy walk.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Yeah I normally would agree but Mart is like. 400 plus after a Miggy walk.

isnt it more than that? like .500?

The difference between Miguel Cabrera and V-Mart as hitters is about the same as the difference between Victor Martinez and Ramon Santiago.

That's why managers do it.

mjsb2 said:
The difference between Miguel Cabrera and V-Mart as hitters is about the same as the difference between Victor Martinez and Ramon Santiago.

That is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard. The gap between two allstars is bigger than Mart and Santiago?

michiganct said:
mjsb2 said:

That is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard.

If that's the DUMBEST thing you have ever heard, then guess you don't read your own posts much.

Just for fun,

Miguel Cabrera .421 wOBA .993 OPS

V-Mart .355 wOBA .820 OPS

So that is a difference of .66 in wOBA and .172 in OPS.

V-Mart .355 wOBA .820 OPS

Ramon Santiago .295 wOBA .670 OPS

So that is a difference of .60 on wOBA and .150 in OPS.

So yeah, the difference between Cabrera and V-Mart is about the same as the difference between V-Mart and Santiago.

Only a moron would disagree.

I think you have to look at marts numbers after a miggy walk. Not disagreeing with you but his numbers are better in those situations and that's what we're discussing here.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I think you have to look at marts numbers after a miggy walk. Not disagreeing with you but his numbers are better in those situations and that's what we're discussing here.

And until he sustains such numbers over a significant sample size, it's safe to assume that's just random variation.

Back