Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

boardwalk empire

I like gangster type of shows and this one has been pretty good. New season starts sept.22 i think. if u have hbo check it out i think its on demand atm,

Haven't seen it but I love Steve Buscemi and Michael Kenneth Williams ( Omar ).

great show..this season they're going to show alot more of Capone's rise to power in Chicago to.

Just saw a preview of Boardwalk Empire. I like shows like this too.
No idea why I didn't watch it before. Maybe it went up against another show I regularly watch. But even if, with On Demand I will see the new season.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Just saw a preview of Boardwalk Empire. I like shows like this too.
No idea why I didn't watch it before. Maybe it went up against another show I regularly watch. But even if, with On Demand I will see the new season.
You'll love it. The scenery and directing are fantastic and the acting and storylines are great. I can't wait for season #2 to start this Sunday.

kingofdetroit57 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Just saw a preview of Boardwalk Empire. I like shows like this too.
You'll love it. The scenery and directing are fantastic and the acting and storylines are great. I can't wait for season #2 to start this Sunday.

Hey Chuck, I watched one yesterday. The one with the kid and the guy with the messed up face that shoots the guy/cop at the end from a hotel room across the street? and Buscemi gave the house he grew up in to another guy and once it was all fixed up he burned it down!!
I will watch the remaining episodes that are left On Demand.
Myer Lansky and Lucky Luciano, looks like they got all the wise guys from back then.

Watched the last 6 episodes of season 1.
and tonight started season 2. great show.

I've been amazed at the scenery of all of it. They nailed it and it really seems like a look into the past. The opener was a little slow last night, but they were setting up a lot of different plot lines. Things should get interesting for Nucky with Jimmy, Chalky, Eli, The Commodore, and the law. They didn't even get into much of the Chicago mob stuff yet either thought they hinted at a little of the movement to push Nucky out. Should be a great season.

Boardwalk Empire takes Deadwood + The Wire + Goodfellas/Sopranos = Fucking Awesome

kingofdetroit57 said:
Bump for Season 2, Episode 2 tonight...

Bump for last episode season 2. Should be on again at 11, as well as during the week and on demand.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
kingofdetroit57 said:
Bump for Season 2, Episode 2 tonight...

Bump for last episode season 2. Should be on again at 11, as well as during the week and on demand.
That was quite the twist, huh?
shocked.gif

kingofdetroit57 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]

That was quite the twist, huh?
shocked.gif

It was... I don't think anyone saw that coming, Jimmy or Nucky's wife signing that ownership deed away.

Yeah, Jimmy surprised me and I'm usually great at predicting what will happen. The land deed didn't surprise me all that much after the cash to the church and near deposition though.

I'm kinda wondering if Margaret will run off with the Irish bodyguard and Jimmy's mom and his son could shack up w/ good old Uncle Nucky.

kingofdetroit57 said:
Yeah, Jimmy surprised me and I'm usually great at predicting what will happen. The land deed didn't surprise me all that much after the cash to the church and near deposition though.

I'm kinda wondering if Margaret will run off with the Irish bodyguard and Jimmy's mom and his son could shack up w/ good old Uncle Nucky.

That could work.
One thing I wish they would do with these series like Boardwalk, Dexter is make them a few weeks longer. The 8/9 months wait between seasons is too long for me.

Back