Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

YSU depth chart - is it even worth discussing?

Spartanmack

Maxwell or Cook or O'Connor or Terry - no surprise but maybe we'll see Terry. Personally I don't think it matters with this offensive line.

Still no Kittredge or LT but that's not the problem either.

Kyler Elsworth on kick return - did I miss this the last two games? is that a joke to see if we're paying attention?

Is Arnett injured or did they make the same mistake twice? Wouldn't be the first time they didn't learn from their mistakes...

Last edited:
Does it even matter what they say? The depth chart changes like 10 times during the game because they cannot find anyone that can do anything.

Does it even matter what they say? The depth chart changes like 10 times during the game because they cannot find anyone that can do anything.

on SpartanRedCedarfancouchburnblog.com I read that they're going to give the waterboy a shot at QB this week.

Waterboy-300x216.jpg

Maxwell or Cook or O'Connor or Terry - no surprise but maybe we'll see Terry. Personally I don't think it matters with this offensive line.

Still no Kittredge or LT but that's not the problem either.

Kyler Elsworth on kick return - did I miss this the last two games? is that a joke to see if we're paying attention?

Is Arnett injured or did they make the same mistake twice? Wouldn't be the first time they didn't learn from their mistakes...

Elsworth won't return kicks, he's replacing Harris as the guy who is back with the kciker as a blocker.

LT might be back next week, no word on Kittredge though.

Arnett has been bad in practice and he was late to a team meeting, he has to earn his time back.

Terry will very likely see the field this Saturday now that he is healthy.

Elsworth won't return kicks, he's replacing Harris as the guy who is back with the kciker as a blocker.

LT might be back next week, no word on Kittredge though.

Arnett has been bad in practice and he was late to a team meeting, he has to earn his time back.

Terry will very likely see the field this Saturday now that he is healthy.

Well, the good news for Arnett is it shouldn't be too hard to "earn" his spot back. Show up on time kid and you're our guy - catch a ball and you'll really set yourself apart!

As bad as things are, the only real surprise to me is Burbridge - he seemed to get better and better last year and was leaps and bounds further along than Keyshawn Martin was as a receiver his freshman year. This year he seems to have regressed significantly.

Last edited:
Even more funny, I just heard that MSU has something like the #3 team in total defense and is like #110 in total offense.

Even more funny, I just heard that MSU has something like the #3 team in total defense and is like #110 in total offense.

They shot JFK and we walked on the moon! Just started following college/B1G football? These are pretty much the same numbers as last year and if you read the threads, not many people were expecting much different. Thanks for the "revelation" though. looking forward to your next piece of investigative blogging.

Last edited:
I hear that Cook is practicing with the 1's and Terry the 2's this week.

Arnett may be taking a redshirt this season. Just hasn't been able to reach his potential and appears to be open to taking the time to get stronger and more explosive.

Arnett may be taking a redshirt this season. Just hasn't been able to reach his potential and appears to be open to taking the time to get stronger and more explosive.

another example of a highly ranked player getting outplayed by 3 stars.

hopefully he comes around but I wouldn't bet on it at this point

also, plenty of trolling going on. I think there is a lot of pent up aggression from those guys.

another example of a highly ranked player getting outplayed by 3 stars.

hopefully he comes around but I wouldn't bet on it at this point

by "getting outplayed" do you mean the 3 stars are not getting open and dropping balls better than Arnett is not getting open and dropping balls? It's not as if he's getting outplayed because the 3 star kids are performing beyond expectations. This is perhaps the most ridiculous excuse for recruiting 3 stars that I have seen yet - as much as I hate text talk, it actually made me "LOL".

Last edited:
also, plenty of trolling going on. I think there is a lot of pent up aggression from those guys.

Agreed - beat an overrated ND team and all of a sudden they're a powerhouse. It would be more interesting if the Michigan fans who knew anything about football were doing the trolling. Apparently this guy

thinks in-game substitutions are "changes" in the depth chart and that the disparity between our offensive and defensive performance is "news".

They shot JFK and we walked on the moon! Just started following college/B1G football? These are pretty much the same numbers as last year and if you read the threads, not many people were expecting much different. Thanks for the "revelation" though. looking forward to your next piece of investigative blogging.

It's like last year, except worse....and no, very few MSU fans were calling for your offense to be worse. Maybe after the 4 way QB battle was announced - but certainly not before it.

It's like last year, except worse....and no, very few MSU fans were calling for your offense to be worse. Maybe after the 4 way QB battle was announced - but certainly not before it.

You haven't been paying attention, everyone was expecting it to be as bad or worse - we lost our 2 top producers on offense in Bell and Sims and our bad QB was always regarded as the best of the bunch. Maybe some delusional homers had their heads in the clouds but nobody who knows what they are talking about is surprised by this.

Last edited:
You haven't been paying attention, everyone was expecting it to be as bad or worse - we lost our 2 top producers on offense in Bell and Sims and our bad QB was always regarded as the best of the bunch. Maybe some delusional homers had their heads in the clouds but nobody who knows what they are talking about is surprised by this.

Losing sims really hurt, a safety valve would really help. Some expected progression like we saw from cousins from 2009 to 2010 but 2009 kc was light yeara ahead of max 2012.

... Maybe some delusional homers had their heads in the clouds but nobody who knows what they are talking about is surprised by this.

I wouldn't go that far. I think a fair amount of MSU fans figured Maxwell would improve, and this would be enough to overcome the loss of Bell. Which wasn't a delusional homer opinion really, although it did conflict with the way they freaked when Bollman was hired as OC.

anyways, I don't think you can hide behind that. after all, it's the delusional homers that form the "official" viewpoint of a rival fanbase. see, e.g. the way sbee bases all his criticism of our fanbase on the non-alumni "walverines" he knows.

I wouldn't go that far. I think a fair amount of MSU fans figured Maxwell would improve, and this would be enough to overcome the loss of Bell. Which wasn't a delusional homer opinion really, although it did conflict with the way they freaked when Bollman was hired as OC.

anyways, I don't think you can hide behind that. after all, it's the delusional homers that form the "official" viewpoint of a rival fanbase. see, e.g. the way sbee bases all his criticism of our fanbase on the non-alumni "walverines" he knows.

There's a difference between being hopeful or wanting something and expecting it. If people were expecting improvement that would overcome the loss of Bell from a guy who was benched for the final and most important drive of the season then they are, without a doubt, delusional.

Anyway, nobody is hiding behind anything - I'm out there openly criticizing the program (the offense anyway) as many other fans are. Delusional homers are on the fringe and only ill-informed fans of the opposition think they form the official viewpoint. No doubt Michigan has more "unaffiliated" fans and it's fun to mock them but nobody really thinks the typical Michigan fan lives in a trailer decorated with beer and snap-on tool posters, with a snowmobile that runs and an '89 chevy that doesn't in the yard, drinking bud light ice, etc, etc.

Last edited:
There's a difference between being hopeful or wanting something and expecting it. If people were expecting improvement that would overcome the loss of Bell from a guy who was benched for the final and most important drive of the season then they are, without a doubt, delusional.

Anyway, nobody is hiding behind anything - I'm out there openly criticizing the program (the offense anyway) as many other fans are. Delusional homers are on the fringe and only ill-informed fans of the opposition think they form the official viewpoint. No doubt Michigan has more "unaffiliated" fans and it's fun to mock them but nobody really thinks the typical Michigan fan lives in a trailer decorated with beer and snap-on tool posters, with a snowmobile that runs and an '89 chevy that doesn't in the yard, drinking bud light ice, etc, etc.

The people you described cant afford snap on tools. Posters for sure but not the tools.

Back