Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

USA 2 Mexico 0 Final

biggunsbob

In Columbus where we are really tough on Mexico...Qualifying

Standings. Top 3 make the world cup. Fourth place has to play New Zealand in a hme and away to make it to Brazil

TEAM.......... P W D L GD PTS
Costa Rica....7 4 2 1 6 14
USA.............7 4 1 2 2 13
Honduras......7 3 1 3 0 10
Mexico..........7 1 5 1 0 8
Panama........7 1 4 2 -2 7
Jamaica........7 0 3 4 -6 3

Last edited:
USA goal!!!!!!....Corner!!!!! header!!!! Johnson!!!!!

I think it is 4 shutout in a row of Mexico in Columbus...

Looks like we are going to the World Cup for the 7th time in a row... Just waiting for a final score from Honduras and Panama '...Panama has to lose or draw for us to go...They are down 0-1 at half..

Last edited:
Maybe I don't understand but you say top 3 makes the world cup, USA is 2 - yet we need Panama not to win? Why is that..

I guess it was to clinch as there are only two games left... Panama scored a shocking late goal at Honduras and tied them 2-2..That worked too.. We clinched one of the top three spots

Undated standings... USA has clinched it spot.

Country.........MP W L D GF GA GD Pts.
USA* ............8...5 2 1 10 6 +4....16
Costa Rica*....8...4 1 3 11 5 +6....15
Honduras.......8...3 3 2 10 10 0.....11
Panama.........8...1 2 5 7 9 -2........8
Mexico...........8...1 2 5 4 6 -2........8
Jamaica.........8...0 4 4 3 9 -6........4

I guess it was to clinch as there are only two games left... Panama scored a shocking late goal at Honduras and tied them 2-2..That worked too.. We clinched one of the top three spots

Okay, thanks. I just assumed there were no games left..

USA's last two games are verses Jamaica and Panama.. Fourth place team has to play New Zealand ..I think it is a home and home but I am not sure now..

Okay, thanks. I just assumed there were no games left..

Your welcome....Yeah I did not know how many games were left either... So I did not understand it till I looked... Not bad considering we were beat soundly in game one...But have come back and are now 5-2-1

Last edited:
I checked; no Bradley, and we had that one solid defender suspended because he got carded for a joke of a flop from Costa Rica.

I don't know if we should be even more impressed because of who we were missing, or if Mexico just really sucks.

Back