Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Burn Notice

KAWDUP

I realize most of you guys aren't watching the same shows I do. I understand too, my wife calls them soap operas. I watch Suits, The Good Wife, Covert Affairs (Perabo is hot), and Burn Notice.

Has anyone else watched Burn Notice?

Did you see the final show yesterday (Thursday)? I thought it was quite good. I was riveted until the end.

I think an Emmy nomination for Sharon Gless as best supporting actress is deserved. Certainly, this is my opinion only - no one else I know even thinks it would be considered. :*)

But I was just wondering if there are other prime time drama fans out there?

Law and Order is over - I need my drama fix.

The politics forum is a bad substitution. :*)

My wife kept watching the show long after it jumped the shark for me. Glad it is over and no, I can't say I think any of them deserve an Emmy nomination. Last night was at least more of a return to what had made the show good in the beginning.

Not sure, but it seems there must have been a shakeup at USA Network a few years ago because shows like Royal Pains and Burn Notice have had terrible scripts this past year especially. Psych is another one where the last season was sub-par.

Looking forward to new seasons of Elementary and NCIS, two of the best written shows on TV, IMHO, though NCIS has moments of questionable storylines.

My wife kept watching the show long after it jumped the shark for me. Glad it is over and no, I can't say I think any of them deserve an Emmy nomination. Last night was at least more of a return to what had made the show good in the beginning.

Not sure, but it seems there must have been a shakeup at USA Network a few years ago because shows like Royal Pains and Burn Notice have had terrible scripts this past year especially. Psych is another one where the last season was sub-par.

Looking forward to new seasons of Elementary and NCIS, two of the best written shows on TV, IMHO, though NCIS has moments of questionable storylines.

Above Breaking Bad and Mad Men? Woah.

Haven't caught this season of Burn Notice though. Still watching last season on Netflix. It's starting to drag pretty hard though.

I watched it for 2/3 years, but just couldn't keep up with it,
the mom was one of the woman on Cagney and Lacey from years ago.

Some of the shows on the channels that are outside of the big three, and HBO, Showtime, on TNT TBS like Leverage, Longmire, probably a couple more that slip my memory atm, it's difficult for me to keep up with them, try as I might have.

Burn Notice was good while I did follow.

Most all the tv shows I watch regulary are on CBS,

Once Dexter is over, I am canceling Showtime,
Was going to do the same with HBO after Ray Donovan, but Boardwalk Empire is back, so for another 3 months I will keep.

edit, Paul, iirc the show bounced from one night and time slot to another between seasons? once at least?

Last edited:
Burn notice is awesome. And you mentioned Sharon Glass, was anything better than "This is for my boys." just so casually. Awesome.

Btw, NCIS and Burn Notice are so much better than Mad Men. That show sucked..I never watched Breaking Bad so I don't know..

Watched the first 3 seasons then kinda left the show as I was bored with it... But I did see last night final and although it was sappy I liked it..

"What do I tell him about myself?"

Fiona's answer:

". . . I used to be a spy."

I did like that line.

Also, the reprise of "You know spies . . . a bunch of bitchy little girls . . . ", was sappy but still kewl.

Burn notice is awesome. And you mentioned Sharon Glass, was anything better than "This is for my boys." just so casually. Awesome.

Yep . . . that is what I was talking about - that and the few scenes before it were classic drama television for me.

Though I don't refer Burn Notice as drama, not in the typical sense. Its an action TV show, I put in the same boat as NCIS.

I'm not a Law & Order guy, not been for awhile..not since Lennie Briscoe. The spin offs, nope.

So I have one left, NCIS and they start up soon..24 is coming back next April so that will be perfect timing, when NCIS ends, 24 starts..

Other than some reruns of Seinfield or Monk, that's about it for TV for me. Outside sports of course..

My shows that currently run are:

Blue bloods
Castle
Bones
Agents of Shield
Grimm
Beauty & the beast
Covert Affairs

Back