Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is this real life?

LuciousGameWinner

3 TDs in the first quarter? What's even more impressive is that all of them were scored by the offense. I know it's Youngstown State but it at least gives us hope. Other than that one horrible throw Cook is looking pretty good, probably because he isn't worried about someone taking over after 1 mistake.

Receivers are catching the ball with their hands and making plays. Cook making good decisions. Guess we don't suck that bad afterall.

300 yards and 35 points in a half for the offense.= including 4 TDs for Cook. YSU is totally overmatched, but I see guys making plays out there.

I know it's just YSU, but the difference in the WR and QB play has been remarkable. Cook has threaded in some tight passes and hit guys in stride. The WRs have had no drops, got open, made plays, and they also blocked very well. And above all, they caught the ball with their hands every time.

Oh yeah, Shilique Calhoun is a flat out stud. Never takes a play off and is a freak athlete. Had a fumble recovery and a sack in the 1st half.

Last edited:
Good to see. We look like an average offense against a fcs team

My wife and kids went to the game today with grandpa who is a huge MSU fan....Glad the offense was good today for them..

Last edited:
Good to see. We look like an average offense against a fcs team

550 yards and 55 pts is average? They looked great, but they're supposed to look great vs Youngstown State. The numbers aren't what's important though, what's important is that the WRs caught everything, the QBs made great throws all day and maybe we got into a rhythm and built confidence.

We'll see where we are next week. Today was a step in the right direction, next week we'll find out how big it was.

Calhoun in 3 games, 3 TDS, 1 INT, 3 fumble recoveries, 2.5 sacks, 10 QB hurries, 5 TFL. Will who?

Last edited:
550 yards and 55 pts is average? They looked great, but they're supposed to look great vs Youngstown State. The numbers aren't what's important though, what's important is that the WRs caught everything, the QBs made great throws all day and maybe we got into a rhythm and built confidence.

We'll see where we are next week. Today was a step in the right direction, next week we'll find out how big it was.

Calhoun in 3 games, 3 TDS, 1 INT, 3 fumble recoveries, 2.5 sacks, 10 QB hurries, 5 TFL. Will who?

what I mean is take an average BCS conference team and put them up a against a FCS school and they should score 55

A lot better performance this week. Cook looked good. Even made some passes down the field, plus he found the TE's, a couple times. Cook still has a LOT to learn and still missed some easy passes and made some poor throws where the WR's helped him out. Speaking of WR's, they looked great. Got good seperation, caught the ball with their hands, didnt see any drops. Makes me feel a little better going into SB.

A lot better performance this week. Cook looked good. Even made some passes down the field, plus he found the TE's, a couple times. Cook still has a LOT to learn and still missed some easy passes and made some poor throws where the WR's helped him out. Speaking of WR's, they looked great. Got good seperation, caught the ball with their hands, didnt see any drops. Makes me feel a little better going into SB.

Nice to see mac kings make some plays.

Back