Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jalen being Jalen

Sbee

http://www.freep.com/article/20130916/SPORTS06/309160091/michigan-basketball-fab-five-jalen-rose

They believed that the end of the NCAA?s disassociation penalty for Chris Webber (and the other three players involved in the Ed Martin booster scandal) would give U-M a chance to honor the 1992 and 1993 national runners-up.
But at least right now, it?s still not on the horizon.
?To be honest, I?m not truly worried about that,? Rose said this morning by phone. He?s in Ann Arbor with Desmond Howard, giving students pedicab rides to class, sponsored by M&M?s. ?It?s actually sad, because, if that?s something they wanted to do, they would do it. It?s not brain surgery, it?s not sending a man to the moon. If they really wanted to honor what we brought to the table, they would. They?ve chose not to, and we?ll see if that changes.?

never mind that they were involved in one of the biggest pay for play scandals in NCAA history, i'm sure Brandon doesn't mind honoring them. I guess SMU should honor their teams from the 80's

Not much - about as much as the "Wisconsin got F'd" discussion on the mich board has to do with michigan but I don't see you policing that thread.

i'm sure a lot of people on this board find it interesting

Not much - about as much as the "Wisconsin got F'd" discussion on the mich board has to do with michigan but I don't see you policing that thread.
You don't see the difference between a thread about the way a game ended and another obsessive Michigan trolling thread on the MSU board? Started by our "mod" no less.

You don't see the difference between a thread about the way a game ended and another obsessive Michigan trolling thread on the MSU board? Started by our "mod" no less.

should I run my posts by your for approval? what topics are ok with you?

This is off to an amusing start, to say the least.

I'd say so. Jalen's trying to make everything about him again, just like he did at the final four.

I'd like to see what his idea of an appropriate "honor" would be

a bronze statue of Cwebb counting out 280k in money that was collected from losing football bets?

I applaud U-M's President for saying as long as she is there they won't be honored (I believe I read that a few months ago).

Last edited:
I applaud U-M's President for saying as long as she is there they won't be honored (I believe I read that a few months ago).

It would be less of a reach to build a monument to barry bonds or mark mcgwire since their numbers weren't erased.

Back