Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT but was anyone else disappointed

Spartanmack

that the NW/osu game in Dyche Stadium was basically a home game for osu? NW fans suck. I also think the buckeye's were getting the home field advantage with the calls too - especially that spot on NW's final possession.

If home field is really an advantage then NW lost that game because of their "fans"

I'm happy they lost. NW could be the team to beat in our division and seeing them get a loss this early is a good thing for us.

The reality is that there are more osu fans in the Chicago area than nw. They are a very small school with alumni dispersed all over the country. Public school have more local alumni bases because of on state tuition, no such break at nw.

I've been there a bunch of times for msu hoops and football. Its at best a neutral site but when nw is bad its pretty lopsided

that the NW/osu game in Dyche Stadium was basically a home game for osu? NW fans suck. I also think the buckeye's were getting the home field advantage with the calls too - especially that spot on NW's final possession.

If home field is really an advantage then NW lost that game because of their "fans"

i think it's called Ryan Field.

and, I don't think you can really blame Northwestern fans for the attendance... it's a small private school with low enrollment, high standards, not much of a bandwagon fanbase, and it's located in a small, wealthy suburb of Chicago; there just aren't too many people interested in going to games there.

by contrast, ohio is a huge public school with rock-bottom standards, and a statewide fanbase, and a lot of alumni in Chicago. lots of retards with nothing better to do want to go to their games

The reality is that there are more osu fans in the Chicago area than nw. They are a very small school with alumni dispersed all over the country. Public school have more local alumni bases because of on state tuition, no such break at nw.

I've been there a bunch of times for msu hoops and football. Its at best a neutral site but when nw is bad its pretty lopsided

That's nonsense. The reality is NW fans sold out. Again. Period. OSU fans don't hold NW season tickets and they don't outnumber NW fans in Chicago. I lived in Chicago (Lincoln Park and Lakeview) for 10 years and I knew WAY more NW people than osu. I would even put OSU 5th or 6th on the chart of B1G schools for Chicago after Illinois, NW, Mich, Wisco then maybe even MSU

Last edited:
i think it's called Ryan Field.

and, I don't think you can really blame Northwestern fans for the attendance... it's a small private school with low enrollment, high standards, not much of a bandwagon fanbase, and it's located in a small, wealthy suburb of Chicago; there just aren't too many people interested in going to games there.

by contrast, ohio is a huge public school with rock-bottom standards, and a statewide fanbase, and a lot of alumni in Chicago. lots of retards with nothing better to do want to go to their games

It was named Dyche Stadium "in perpetuity" until NW sold out and Dyche's legacy got railroaded by Ryan's money. I lived in Chicago when it was changed and remember the controversy.

notre dame is a small private school with low enrollment and high standards - their fans don't do that when they suck. the fact that NW fans are bandwagoners who sell their team down the river whenever they host a big game is exactly why you can blame them for giving osu a home game in evanston - particularly when the team is the best it's been in almost 20 years. A couple of years ago either Pat Fitzgerald or someone in the AD's office wrote an open letter published in the NW paper calling out the fair weather fans, imploring fans not to sell their tickets to big games. Their fans suck and it hurts them in games as well as in their reputation which affects everything, recruiting in particular.

Last edited:
I'm happy they lost. NW could be the team to beat in our division and seeing them get a loss this early is a good thing for us.

I'd rather see MSU take care of business and then beat NW head-to-head. It would be better for our SOS and osu would be exposed for the decent but way overrated team that they are. osu getting a loss is a good thing for everyone.

Last edited:
I'd rather see MSU take care of business and then beat NW head-to-head. It would be better for our SOS and osu would be exposed for the decent but way overrated team that they are. osu getting a loss is a good thing for everyone.
It increases our chances of making the conference title game period.

Not sure why you don't get that.

The difference between NU and ND is that ND has a rich history of football. Trust me if NU would have been dominant aeons ago like the Irish there would be a huge fanbase there in the Chicago area.

That would be great if you could script it but we can't.

The difference between NU and ND is that ND has a rich history of football. Trust me if NU would have been dominant aeons ago like the Irish there would be a huge fanbase there in the Chicago area.

Yes, that's obvious - as was michchamp's post. It doesn't make it any less shameful that their fans let them down in the biggest home game in Dyche Stadium in their lifetime and in virtually every other big game they've hosted.

It increases our chances of making the conference title game period.

Not sure why you don't get that.

It's not rocket science, it's just poor sportsmanship which is why I said I would PREFER that MSU take care of business then beat them head-to-head and EARN a spot in the B1G champ game. This may be a little complicated for you but if every legends team loses their cross-division games, then clearly the Legends is weak and beating them is less meaningful. Beating a undefeated NW team that beat OSU is better than beating a NW team with a loss or two. I would rather every Legends teams' only loss be to MSU and osu lose every game on their schedule. Let wisco fans take the back door into the title game. To me, earning it is a lot more meaningful especially when the B1G is as weak as it is.

Last edited:
Back