Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cal talks about MSU-UK game

Sbee

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2013/10/kentuckys_john_calipari_respon.html

Now, I ask you this: Does everyone on our schedule know when they're playing Kentucky? Oh, they know. And it's on their locker, it's on their ceiling of their bedroom. You've got to deal with that. That's part of being at Kentucky. You know what I tell them? Not only do they want to beat Kentucky, they want to beat you as individual player. You want to know why? They wanted that scholarship that you got and they want to prove they're better than you, not just their team is better than Kentucky."

tell that to AP, Harris, and even Byrd. they all had UK offers and chose MSU

You have to hand it to Calipari, he's always recruiting. He says what young kids want to hear - that Kentucky is this pedestal program that everyone watches from below. The truth doesn't matter as long as kids believe what he's selling.

You have to hand it to Calipari, he's always recruiting. He says what young kids want to hear - that Kentucky is this pedestal program that everyone watches from below. The truth doesn't matter as long as kids believe what he's selling.

He has Worldwide Wes working for the program too. Guy is everything that is wrong with college basketball and he's courtside for every Kentucky game, celbrated on the court and in the locker room for Kentucky's last NC. The guy represents several agents, has a contract with Nike, and runs his own AAU team. He is a sleazeball, yet, here he is with Ed Martin like access to the nation's top college basketball program. He's almost like an assistant coach.

Don't know how many Kentucky players were even recruited by Izzo heavily, doubt more than a couple.

I'd love to see MSU run them out of the building. Beat them by 20+. I want to see the young players from Kentucky in awwww from our execution, but we all know what our basketball team looks like in November...so I'm not betting on it.

this is the good guys vs the bad guys when it comes to college hoops. I hope bobby knight does our game, I wonder who he'll be pulling for?

Back