Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Girl

tinselwolverine

Does anybody else watch this show?

I never did for the first two years because I assumed it was a chick show, but I checked out the first episode on Netflix because I saw one of those Time Warner promos for video on demand with Zooey Deschenel as the character, and thought "wow, that show looks like it might actually be pretty wierd."

Anyway it's not a chick show at all, and it's hysterical. It's like The Three Stooges meet Lucy and Ethel with a little bit of Bevis and Butthead sprinkled in.

Except the Stooges frequently meet unbelievably hot chicks, and occasionally nail them.

They even end up nailing Lucy and Ethel now and then.

It is possibly the most retardly funny show in the history of shows.

Or maybe in the history of retardation.

Or both.

I haven't watched any of the current season, but I caught most of last season. It's the bit about 'True American'. That one bit won me over.

Comparing 3-Stooges and Lucy to this show is like comparing the '27 NYY to the '03 Tigers team.

Comparing 3-Stooges and Lucy to this show is like comparing the '27 NYY to the '03 Tigers team.

Yeah, the '27 Yankees played in the Major Leagues...the games lasted nine innings, each team got three outs per inning, they had pitchers and catchers and fielders, and their tools were bats and balls and ball gloves.

'03 Tigers the same.

The Stooges, and Lucy and Ethel, employed ridiculous situational and physical comedy as their primary comedic elements...and this show does too.

So you're I agree with you...comparing this show to The Three Stooges and Lucy and Ethel is a lot like comparing the '27 Yankees to the '03 Tigers...lots of similarities, you provide a very effective analogy to support your point.

I don't believe it's been stated, but True American should be divided into innings.

I don't believe it's been stated, but True American should be divided into innings.

It's already pretty structured as it is...

A person can actually purchase True American t-shirts and caps and shit from this site...

Last edited:
It's already pretty structured as it is...

A person can actually True American hats and caps and shit from this site...

That's just like...their opinion, man.

They even have 2 set of rules on that site, and the set that are true to the show are incomplete for a working game (and they didn't even get those correct; people with the same number of fingers on their forehead are not partners).

The game should have innings. Perhaps each row of pawns could be deemed an inning.

That's just like...their opinion, man.

They even have 2 set of rules on that site, and the set that are true to the show are incomplete for a working game (and they didn't even get those correct; people with the same number of fingers on their forehead are not partners).

The game should have innings. Perhaps each row of pawns could be deemed an inning.

I guess each household hosting/holding its own game of True American should be allowed to have its own ground rules.

After all, its America.

Back