Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Javon Bess to MSU

Sbee

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Javon-Bess-140703

not surprised he committed after this weekend, he was up on his official. a lot of us weren't sure if this was committable or if it depended on Booker, Blackmon, Blueitt, etc.

i like what i've read about this guy, seems to be a good defender who can guard multiple spots on the floor. he won't score a ton and his shot needs to be approve but you need guys like this to win championships along with the 4-5 stars.

hopefully we get a few more of the latter in the next few weeks with Alexander or Looney and Booker, blackmon, or bluiett.

keeping an open mind but hard to get excited about a local kid that wasn't recruited by his hometown school.

Signing a role player SF in no way helps us out w/ elite talent at small forward but can it hurt? Possibly, but I certainly hope not. I'd rather see this kid sign after a Blueitt or Booker was on board.

We've seen 3 star guys turn into great players under izzo before. We've also seen 5 stars have average careers. I think it all boils down to attitude and work ethic, especially if you're playing for a guy like Izzo.

We've seen 3 star guys turn into great players under izzo before. We've also seen 5 stars have average careers. I think it all boils down to attitude and work ethic, especially if you're playing for a guy like Izzo.

True but all else equal ill take the odds that an elite 5 star turns out to be a stud over those for a 3 star.

Its okay to get guys with low rankings, you just don't want too many of them. We need to hit big with our two remaining scholarships. We're looking at a possible roster with no 5 stars in 2014 and more 3 stars than 4 stars.

Back