Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Poster of the week?

Spartanmack

Got my very own thread on the michigan board this week. I feel like I have arrived. When I told my mom, who doesn't have much need for a computer and rarely goes beyond gmail on Al Gore's world wide web, she said "that's nice dear". So I figure if she's impressed, this is definitely a big deal. If you haven't spent time there, check it out - way more traffic than here, it's mostly about college athletics and the asshole factor is probably lower than you might expect (although it definitely exists).

Last edited:
You realize you are addressing about a half-dozen other Spartans who post here, right?

arguing over there is like convincing tea partiers to vote for Obama. you can make a great argument as to why they should but it's not going to happen. that being said, i still do enjoy partaking from time to time, guilty pleasure

arguing over there is like convincing tea partiers to vote for Obama. you can make a great argument as to why they should but it's not going to happen. that being said, i still do enjoy partaking from time to time, guilty pleasure

Oh, we are far more contumacious than that.

If you haven't spent time there, check it out

Ha ha...

I'm sure johnny2x2, gotime909 and GreenandWhite95 will be very glad that you have enlightened them to the existence of the M board...

Lucious and Matt don't have enough posts as of yet to be considered regs even on the Spartan board...

But I will vote for you as the poster of the week on this here Spartan board, if it makes you feel good about yourself.

Bad analogy since there are no good reasons to vote for that clown but I get what you're saying.

Last edited:

Not really true for some of us over there S.
I hate the tea party with a passion... Please don't lump me in with those nut-jobs..
Tea party America is not for me..

Ha ha...

I'm sure johnny2x2, gotime909 and GreenandWhite95 will be very glad that you have enlightened them to the existence of the M board...

Lucious and Matt don't have enough posts as of yet to be considered regs even on the Spartan board...

But I will vote for you as the poster of the week on this here Spartan board, if it makes you feel good about yourself.

Thanks and I'll definitely be casting my vote for you since you found the one line in my post that wasn't part of the joke even though byco found it first - he made me look up contumacious so f him...

Last edited:
Not really true for some of us over there S.
I hate the tea party with a passion... Please don't lump me in with those nut-jobs..
Tea party America is not for me..

it's an analogy

MSU fans are to the michigan fan base as obama is to the tea party

I understand that the majority of UM alumni don't live in an alternate universe when it comes to politics

Last edited:
also, as far as these boards, it's going to be slanted towards michigan for a number of reasons

these boards were started by Michigan fans

michigan has the 2nd largest fan base in the country, behind OSU, just ahead of PSU and ND. this is due to the subway alumni factor, if it were based on alumni numbers would be much different. UM has the wal mart factor because of historical success, if you didn't go to a school, fewer people would adopt Purdue as "their team"

Most MSU fans post on RCMB which usually has 2500-3000 people viewing at a given time. Mgoblog is similar, i just don't care as much for those boards with their up votes and down votes, everyone is trying to come up with some witty retort as opposed to actually discussing the team/game

Most MSU fans post on RCMB which usually has 2500-3000 people viewing at a given time.

which is why it sucks. seems like <20% of it is about sports and there are so few that actually provide any kind of critical analysis. There are some that I think are very good and interesting but it's very watered down by all the homers, casual fans and outright knuckleheads.

Last edited:
RCMB is a source of schadenfreude that seemingly has no limits. Maybe Spartanmack can devise some sort of entrance assessment for RCMB registrants to take and pass before they are allowed to post there.

Last edited:
also, as far as these boards, it's going to be slanted towards michigan for a number of reasons

these boards were started by Michigan fans

michigan has the 2nd largest fan base in the country, behind OSU, just ahead of PSU and ND. this is due to the subway alumni factor, if it were based on alumni numbers would be much different. UM has the wal mart factor because of historical success, if you didn't go to a school, fewer people would adopt Purdue as "their team"

Most MSU fans post on RCMB which usually has 2500-3000 people viewing at a given time. Mgoblog is similar, i just don't care as much for those boards with their up votes and down votes, everyone is trying to come up with some witty retort as opposed to actually discussing the team/game

I don't shop at Wal-Mart either and never understood The link.. Historically I thought MSU has a rich history.. I understand why MSU fans hate when Michigan fans bring up history but MSU's history is far from shabby...

I don't shop at Wal-Mart either and never understood The link.. Historically I thought MSU has a rich history.. I understand why MSU fans hate when Michigan fans bring up history but MSU's history is far from shabby...

More of a Meijers guy, are you? Me too. But to see the link, check out peopleofwalmart.com and mentally superimpose a Denard Robinson jersey on them, or so as not to ruin the image for the shirtless patrons, picture a big block M tatt on their arm, shoulder or the small of their back...those folks are everywhere

Last edited:

Not making fun, just saying that osu and michigab have the largest followings in the country. If it were only alumni michigan would be top 20% but not #2. I'm shocked nd isn't #1 actually due to their national following and track record. It was actually a compliment because non affiliated fans wont follow a shitty program.

which is why it sucks. seems like <20% of it is about sports and there are so few that actually provide any kind of critical analysis. There are some that I think are very good and interesting but it's very watered down by all the homers, casual fans and outright knuckleheads.

Its the upvotes and downvotes, I never got into it. The whole board is full of guys trying to be witty and get these. I post on rivals too, if you want good inside info and discussion, that's the place but its also $100 a year. You get a lot of good content from comp and pk.

Back