Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anyone getting the DirecTV: NFL package for PS3

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
The app is coming out sometime today. Way to get live games every week without DirecTV. Expensive @ $340 for the year. About the same as DirecTV users I suppose. Just curious if anyone else is looking forward to it.

No doubt. But as DirecTV Sunday Ticket goes, it's about on par. But I wish it was like MLB extra innings where everyone has it, keep the price down. But they pay the NFL so fkn much for this you know its going to be expensive.

Just another option.

People still trust PS3 with their credit cards?

Fool me once....

Less likely to happen a 2nd time. Plus, its not that I trust PS with my card but I trust my bank.

I think im going to get it but i work week 1 so probably wont purchase until week 2. Someone let me know how it is!

I think its a free NFL ticket when you sign up for direct tv right now here in san diego and thats only $10/month (for 3 years). I might just look into that and tell them i dont need the dish...just the UN and PW to get online lol. Its an easier way to do it if you dont want to pay the $84/month for 4 months and you get an extra 2 years of NFL ticket free in essence.

I was in the understanding the free directv Sunday ticket meant besides the 2 year added contract you had to get directv at the $340 price, for those two years as well.

Sunday ticket is free right now for new subscribers, I believe existing customers still have to pay. You might want to make sure its not a 1 yr deal as years 2+ you may have to pay for NFL ticket. Through the PS3 its 340 no monthly service just sunday ticket. For old DTV customers I think they need to pay an additional $50 to get the PS3 acess. If you know someone that already has it just use thier info.

I heard rumrs the $50 were not required any longer.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I heard rumrs the $50 were not required any longer.

It sounds like the to go subscription which is 10 bucks per month for 5 months. Made no sense to me to have to pay extra for the PS3 but I guess that was to keep people from just giving away their subsctiption to friends (which is what I have)

Streaming on the ps3 sucks monkey balls, I would be pissed if I paid for it. Stream was so bad I left and went to a bar to watch the game.

schles192 said:
Streaming on the ps3 sucks monkey balls, I would be pissed if I paid for it. Stream was so bad I left and went to a bar to watch the game.

They weren't good today I'll tell you that. Streaming Netflix and MLB.TV on my ps3 has been awesome. Bad app maybe. But today it sucked. Maybe the traffic.

gobluewolverines said:
dude go to www.p2p4u.net and you can watch any game for free. screw paying for the ticket.

I've been doing that for years. The ps3 thing is free to me and when they work out the bugs it will be better. I would have streamed it but my laptop craped out.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
schles192 said:

They weren't good today I'll tell you that. Streaming Netflix and MLB.TV on my ps3 has been awesome. Bad app maybe. But today it sucked. Maybe the traffic.

You sound like you tried it also and had a bad experience. I'm watching the giants skins and it is an awesome feed. maybe traffic or bugs. but what ever its working like I expected it to right now.

I tried about 1:15 for 30 minutes. I gave up at that point. My internet speed is 60 down, 10 up so that wasnt a problem but it would just pause and lock up on me.

Same problem here. At on point it froze then skipped to the beginning of the game. After that I gave up and went for a beer. Been watching the giants game for the last 20 mins and it has been stellar, so what ever the issues were they seem fixed.

I used it for about 3 hours no problem, pretty good quality low grade hd. The load time when switching games was about 6sec. Can't wait for kc.

Well, DirecTV gave people $25 back for the poor service in week 1. Anyone with the Sunday Ticket to Go. So hopefully week 2 is better and I can watch some football.

Back