Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Damion Terry working as DG on the scout team

Sbee

does that mean that he has to make bad decisions with the football and miss his target by 5 yards to prepare the defense?

I heard he's wearing a 98 jersey that says "September Heisman" on the back

that's great. who has more catches in practice this week, our corners or our WR's?

Apparently he was better than Gardner. He gave the defense fits, he's very elusive when he takes off running. Kid is a special talent.

He won't start until his redshirt Junior year. We also have Cambell coming in next year who I've heard is a big time player! Had offers from some of the best programs in the country.

Next year will be pretty interesting QB-wise. If Terry is as good as reported, it should be an open competition that he could legitimately win. If he can't win the job, expect him to transfer or switch positions.

Of course, seeing Cook and hearing about Terry makes me question whether this preseason was really an open competition at all. Maxwell was bad last year and not at all better in the games he played this year. Did neither Cook nor Terry look better in practice? That's becoming harder and harder to believe.

Maxwell was by all accounts great in practice. He has an NFL arm, is extremely smart, and is a good leader. The problem was, he couldn't make the reads in the games and he couldn't throw the ball on time. We wasted a whole season on him as our QB. A functional offense last year and we would have been a ten win team. Cook is decent, but he's no world beater and we're on the way to a 10+ win season without Leveon Bell, Dion Sims, Will Gholston, and Johnny Adams.

Back