Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Michigan week scapegoat predictions

Sbee

If Michigan loses, what are the most likely excuses they will make, who's going to be the scapegoat?

Weather
rough play
clock operator
officiating
scheme
Will Gholston
Rich Rod
crowned field
Hoke not having his guys
the bye week
throwback uniforms not fitting right or taking too long to change into
skywriters

my money would be on blaming the coordinators, they don't want to blame Hoke yet because he's the savior and you can't give up on him. they can blame him indirectly by blaming other people on the staff

If Michigan loses, what are the most likely excuses they will make, who's going to be the scapegoat?

Weather
rough play
clock operator
officiating
scheme
Will Gholston
Rich Rod
crowned field
Hoke not having his guys
the bye week
skywriters

my money would be on blaming the coordinators, they don't want to blame Hoke yet because he's the savior and you can't give up on him. they can blame him indirectly by blaming other people on the staff

I don't know, I have seen and heard some U-M fans already calling for Hoke gone if they lose to us and O$U this season.

Is Gardner being a turnover machine like most of the season a scapegoat? That's my most likely scenario.

This upside/downside to a thread like this is as asymmetrical as it gets - it's all downside. These are basically the same 2 teams that faced off last year.

Last edited:
This upside/downside to a thread like this is as asymmetrical as it gets - it's all downside. These are basically the same 2 teams that faced off last year.

if we lose, we lose, shit happens. i'm not going to be on this board with a million excuses, sometimes you just get beaten

"We just didn't play Michigan Football"

Signed Bo, Lloyd, Brady, every Michigan coach or assistant in history, and every player in history. The next time anyone associated with Michigan gives proper credit to a team that beats them will be the 1st time.

"We just didn't play Michigan Football"

Signed Bo, Lloyd, Brady, every Michigan coach or assistant in history, and every player in history. The next time anyone associated with Michigan gives proper credit to a team that beats them will be the 1st time.

yep, we are entitled to wins so we're disingenuous in defeat

if we lose, we lose, shit happens. i'm not going to be on this board with a million excuses, sometimes you just get beaten

Of course but if that happens, threads like this are fodder for wolverine trolls - just like toussaint's comments will be quoted ad infinitum if Saturday goes our way...

Of course but if that happens, threads like this are fodder for wolverine trolls - just like toussaint's comments will be quoted ad infinitum if Saturday goes our way...

that's what happens in rivalry games, i'll talk some shit before and possibly eat crow after. I didn't say it's a guarantee we win but if we do, excuses will be plentiful, fingers will be pointed outward, that much I expect. if we win and I hear UM fans say consistently that "the better team won" it would be a first

They changed the turf and we didn't have the right cleats for it. They slipped something in our water supply. They angled the lights towards our players so they couldn't see.

All possibilities.

Realistically, it will be either officiating or playing RR guys. Even though their best players are RR guys. LOL.

Weather
rough play
clock operator
officiating
scheme
Will Gholston
Rich Rod
crowned field
Hoke not having his guys
the bye week
skywriters

haha yes... because spartoons have always been so gracious when they lose...

you guys sound like a bunch of jealous old ladies sitting around in your sewing circle & b!tch*ng

surprise surprise, there is no scapegoat in this game. i know the apologists were hoping and praying for a bad break, a bad call, a personal foul, but it just didn't come.

we simply just choked them out, not much else to say.

I saw someone on the Michigan board post that we ran away with the game in "garbage time" and that they were in it until midway through the fourth. Got a good laugh from that one.

I saw someone on the Michigan board post that we ran away with the game in "garbage time" and that they were in it until midway through the fourth. Got a good laugh from that one.

not too far from the truth really, the damn just breaks after a while, that's what happened in the 4th. we had a few drops and plays we should have made but the score was indicative of the game.

the real difference in this game (and it was huge) is the time the qb's had, if Cook had the pocket collapse left and right and DG had time the score would have been the exact opposite. both teams contained the running game reasonably well until the very end but we were in their backfield all game and connor had time.

Michigan was never in this game, even when the score was 6-6.

Well, if you think you are "in it" early in the 4th quarter while trailing 22-6 and having endured a 3rd quarter where your team had -6 yards of total offense, then you are the eternal optimist.

I suppose he could argue that anything after their 3-0 lead was garbage time, and didn't matter, hence they should have won. But it is a 60 minute contest. You play every snap. They all count.

This game was a GREEN HAMMER. All the way. Beatdown.

picture.php

Michigan was never in this game, even when the score was 6-6.

13-6, 16-6, wet ball, possible pick 6, etc. it would have been a fluke but they were a play or two away from being right back in it.

at the end, like i said, the damn just broke

13-6, 16-6, wet ball, possible pick 6, etc. it would have been a fluke but they were a play or two away from being right back in it.

at the end, like i said, the damn just broke

We just knocked 35 yards off their average total per game. In week 8 that is HUGE. We hadn't put them away, but I wouldn't say they were in the game.

And not putting them away is entirely the fault of our offense - we got the ball at or near midfield 5 times. All were in the first 3 quarters. Three drives ended in a punt, another in an interception and we only managed a FG in the one time we scored with the short field. That's not good.

Last edited:
Back