Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Izzo comments on the football game

Sbee

"It's funny, if we lose a game or two, even in basketball, it seems like everything is changed, everything is turned around," said Izzo. "Yet we win four out of the last five in football, and I don't know if it's the same way. Another win or two, and hopefully it will get that way."

It's just the fact that the media loves Michigan so they push hard when they're successful at something. What's funny to me is the fact that Michigan hasn't won a national championship in 50 years? And somehow they're a "powerhouse" I don't get it.

It's just the fact that the media loves Michigan so they push hard when they're successful at something. What's funny to me is the fact that Michigan hasn't won a national championship in 50 years? And somehow they're a "powerhouse" I don't get it.

For sure a top 20 program but there are a ton that accomplished more over the last 30 plus years.

please stop. you're hurting our feelings.

I don't expect you to face reality, in your world you're just like USC, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Bama, FSU, and OSU, just without the titles. but hey, who needs actual results when you have recognizable helmets?

I don't expect you to face reality, in your world you're just like USC, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Bama, FSU, and OSU, just without the titles. but hey, who needs actual results when you have recognizable helmets?

Is there any objective way to measure a program's worth? I would think wins and winning % would be enough. Conference championships is another.

I don't blame you for choosing whatever criteria you can solely on the basis of what makes Michigan look worse, since in your world, you root for a program that for decades has been "that other team in Michigan" so I know you have an angle to play here.

Is there any objective way to measure a program's worth? I would think wins and winning % would be enough. Conference championships is another.

I don't blame you for choosing whatever criteria you can solely on the basis of what makes Michigan look worse, since in your world, you root for a program that for decades has been "that other team in Michigan" so I know you have an angle to play here.

I don't deny that Michigan has a better program than we do, I'm not saying we're elite.

I just love that your metrics are largely based on pre WW2 records

And I'm not saying you're saying you're elite.

You're bashing our record, based on some straw man argument that some Michigan fan somewhere claimed that our record over the last 30 years is equal to, or better than USC, Florida, Texas, etc

Back