Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons113 Wizards 102 Final

Damn Bullups played31 minutes and had 16 points..Pistons had five guys in double figures..
Pope as had 9..

Last edited:
Agreed it was actually entertaining to watch the Pistons again, and any win is a good win. The new front court combination looks to be very formidable for teams to deal with. I'm optimistic the team will make a little noise in the east this season.

That said there were some issues and questions. First of all they gave up way too many open three point shots. I would think the perimeter defense would have played to challenge the shot, and force the wizard guards to drive into the tall trees of smith/monroe/drummond. That's the way the pistons defense worked to perfection back 10 years ago with wallace and wallace. Turnovers were also an issue, but I guess that's to be expected this early on.

I am also wondering how the bench is going to be utilized? Only three guys saw playing time in game 1 (KCP, Singler, and Jerebko). I suppose Bynum and Billups will probably be bench players as well when Jennings and Stuckey return from injuries though. Is Charlie V really that bad that he doesn't even see the court now? That's really sad.

Glad they won but I think the Wizzards are bad. I wonder if Drummond is still out of shape. He only had about 26 minutes. Also, they didn't go very deep on the bench.

Glad they won but I think the Wizzards are bad. I wonder if Drummond is still out of shape. He only had about 26 minutes. Also, they didn't go very deep on the bench.

He was in foul trouble most of the night.

Drummond is going to be such a beast. Love watching that dude play. I went from hating the pick to loving it.

Yea I noticed that too. They really had two bench players in the starting lineup though with Bynum and Billups, so that was a large part of it. Datome is coming off an injury too. The only guy I was surprised didn't see the court was Charlie V, even though I'm no fan of his (who is?)

I'm sure it will be more than a 7 man rotation when Jennings and Stuckey are back. I can't say I really wanted to see any of the end of the bench guys play anyway, outside of maybe giving Siva a few minutes.

Yeah it was the wizards... But for a day we are undefeated!!!!!!

Lets see what the wizards look like in a few weeks before saying they are bad, just because they lost to us. We are projected to be a playoff team after all, and they are too, and very well may be in the east.

Back