Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs U of M

johnny2x2x

The game was a blast, had crazy great seats thanks to my friend Aaron. Literally sat on the 50 yard line about 40 rows up.

Was a complete and total beat down. Thought we left a lot of points on the field, but was very pleased with the big win.

I almost felt bad for Gardner, he took a worse beating than any QB I can remember. I saw his helmet bounce off the grass a few times and I wondered if he was getting up. That's the type of beating that can wreck a season for a QB, he's going to be a little shell shocked the rest of the season. The play where he bailed out he was running towards where I was seated, he had obviously had enough, I don't blame him.

The defense, wow, we were without out best DT in Hoover, but Damon Knox is a star in the making, did a fantastic job of opening up those blitzing lanes. I don't think people realize how much we really like our young players on this defense. Of course Shilique Calhoun is one of the best DEs in the country, he was everywhere today. But Ed Davis also had 2-1/2 sacks and 3.5 TFL, he's the heir apparent to Denicos Allen. The defense will lose some seniors, but Max Bullough is the only one who we will really struggle to replace.

Offensively? Conner Cook has a swagger, he is a winner. The O line is playing well and giving him time. Love that we rotated 8 O linemen all year, will mean that the unit will be a strength again next year. Jeremy Langford has all the physical tools to be great, 4.3 speed, strong as heck, and has great vision. He's still improving, but can be a truly great RB, the juke he gave to Taylor on his late TD was awesome. The WRs are all young. Basically the offense loses 2 of our 8 rotating O linemen next year and that's it. O will be very good next year.

The coaching is very good. Narduzzi is just incredible, but this defense also has Dantonio's hand print all over it. Narduzzi and his position coaches are all products of MD's defensive acumen. Want Duzzi to stay, but don't think the defense will take a big step back when/if he leaves.

Oh, and the kicking game. You remember what an emphasis they put on kicking at Ohio State. Sadler is a great punter, we brought in the #1 kicker in the country in Geiger, and we've added the #1 punter in the nation to replace Sadler. Kicking is a huge and overlooked part of the game.

It was a beat down today. We were the obviously better coached, better prepared, and more talented team on the field today. That was as one sided of a 23 point win as you'll ever see physically. We simply punished the Michigan Football team, just a physical mismatch.

GO GREEN!!!

Last edited:
It was a great day all around, we had a great tailgate, got to meet henry bullough at halftime, very good day.

I told a lot of people that dg wouldn't finish the game. Their line is so soft, I'd wouldn't matter if chip kelly was their oc. Our defense keeps getting better each week.

Congrats to the MSU fans for the win yesterday. I'm working on building a new plant in Lansing so I have been spending a lot of time up in that area this year. The people up there that are MSU fans were all very excited about this game and it went exactly how most felt it would go.

As a Buckeye fan I hope to see MSU v OSU in the B1G title game. That would could be a great game.

I agree with the what you guys are saying about your D, total domination. Seemed as though UM didn't want to finish the game.

Another day at the office for the Spartan defense

As much as I dislike UM I felt bad for DG at one point. Kind of wish they handed the ball to Fitz as he was the one doing the talking all week long.

Funny how two years ago UM fans jumped all over Gholston, but Lewan is the biggest punk I've ever seen play college football. He ripped someones facemask at the bottom of a pile and the punch to drummond was uncalled for.

The fans rip Borges but you need to try to run to set up play action. Dg just took a beating, I don't want him to get hurt but I love seeing us hit opposing qb's over and over

From some typical Walmart trash who I went to high school with and did not even graduate with a 2 year community college degree:

"Saw a game in Spartan stadium for the 3rd time in the last three years yesterday and I gotta say it'll probably be my last. Have to give credit where it is due on the football field, But everytime ive been to East Lansing its been a more unpleasant experiance than the last. Spartans fans in the stands are rude, Vulgar and have and out of this world ignorance level, Outside of the stadium their drunk, Disrespectful and trasy. Flipping the bird to and dropping your shoulder into a group of Wolverine ladies on the sidewalk, The entire town looks like a garbage dump pn game day, Spartans dont even have respect for themselves let alone anyone else. You got us on the field yesterday, But ive never been more proud to support the Maize and Blue. Oh and until you top our three heisman winners, 115,000 seat stadium, 42 conference titles, 11 national championships, Make up the 250+ all time wins you lack behind us and the the 35 head to head wins, You will still be LITTLE BROTHER."

It seems like they were really humbled, I dont expect them to start claiming victories based in rivals star ranks within 48 hours

Back