Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit 87 Boston 77 Final

biggunsbob

Pistons up 63-58 end of the third.. But Boston went on a 19-9 run to cut that lead..

pretty sloppy game from both teams... Balls seems to be all over the place..
defense looks suspect to me right now.

Last edited:
Charging just seems different from college to pro ball...lol

So freaking sloppy... Pistons look terrible right now.. Hopefully they regroup..

Turnovers are terrible.

Last edited:
Boston on a 26-9 run now..

Last edited:
down to 2...sigh...years off.. two left..team is so up and down.

held on for the win!!!!!

Last edited:
Celtics have a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng way to go. Might be in the Wiggins conversation when all is said and done.

Piston score last 8 to pull away for the win..

My Celtics are at least 3/4 years away from getting back to where they have been for many years.
Lots of kids, rookies, few players are ok good, Green, Sullinger was good before the back problem, Avery showed flashes last year when Rondo went down, Rondo still several weeks away, the kid Olynyk has some skills passing, shooting, will make rookie mistakes, I'm not a fan of Bass, but he does some things ok.
Losing KG and Pierce, after Ray Allen went for less money to the heat,
Players in that trade, meh, nothing exciting,
Coach Brad Stevens has a good track record at college, hope here is it translates with the Celts.

On the Pistons, The big kids Monroe, Drummond impress me.
Billups should have been a Piston for life.
idk much about Jennings, Bynum,
Stuckey seems more an underachiever? or due to health issues?

Last edited:
I've seen enough to know we are a playoff team. Our front court just looks unstoppable. The eventually emergence of Gigi , and more play out of Jennings and KCP will make this a formidable team amongst the teams moving towards small ball.

We sort of need to get rid of either stuckey or Bynum though, we have a log jam at the guard position and KCP is too good to ride pine.

I've seen enough to know we are a playoff team. Our front court just looks unstoppable. The eventually emergence of Gigi , and more play out of Jennings and KCP will make this a formidable team amongst the teams moving towards small ball.

We sort of need to get rid of either stuckey or Bynum though, we have a log jam at the guard position and KCP is too good to ride pine.

I think you may be getting ahead of yourself proclaiming they are a playoff team after 3 games. I mean they beat Washington and Boston who are a combined 0-6 and lost to Memphis who is 1-2. Let's wait until about 20-25 games and see where they are.

Na, you only have to be bad to make the playoffs in the eastern conference. And our frontcourt alone will drag us to the playoffs. The level of play we get from the guards, shooting from jennings, datome, kcp etc, and injuries will determine the seed and how far we go.

And we were 1 bad offensive goaltending call away from winning that memphis game.

Indiana/OKC will be good tests for the team at home. The Pistons need to figure out the turnover issue, because as good as their front court can be they have coughed it up a lot. That won't fly against the better teams.

Last edited:
Lots of recently poor teams off to decent starts (Philly, TWolves, Suns to name a few). I agree we gotta see more before we start talking playoffs.

I think you may be getting ahead of yourself proclaiming they are a playoff team after 3 games. I mean they beat Washington and Boston who are a combined 0-6 and lost to Memphis who is 1-2. Let's wait until about 20-25 games and see where they are.

Even if they end up being sacrificial lambs in the 1st round, they're still technically a "playoff team".

Just for reference, the 8th seed in the East the last 10 seasons
2012-2013: Milwaukee 38-44
2011-2012: Philadelphia 35-31
2010-2011: Indiana 37-45
2009-2010: Chicago 41-41
2008-2009: Detroit 39-43
2007-2008: Atlanta 37-45
2006-2007: Orlando 40-42
2005-2006: Milwaukee 40-42
2004-2005: New Jersey 42-40
2003-2004: Boston 36-46

Obviously, past seasons don't mean much, but I doubt the East has improved to a point where the cutoff will be much higher.

With 52 games in conference and 16 in the division, if they take care of the lesser teams, they could probably sneak in at .500. Chicago and Indiana will be tough, but Cleveland and Milwaukee are winnable matchups. There's quite a few more teams in the East, non-divisional, who are easily beatable. Last season they were 25-27 in conference games. They were also 9 games back of the final playoff spot. Based on the moves they have made, I'd like to say they've improved quite a bit, maybe even a lot. If they improve against the East (say 5 games) and improve upon that horridly atrocious 4-26 record against the West (say another 5 games), that puts them right on the chopping block for a 1st round execution, a "playoff team" in the East.

Also, Memphis isn't terrible so I wouldn't look into their record after just 3 games. The Pistons completely blew that game with a 6 point lead and a minute left, it should've been a win. However, we'll see if that was just a fluke or if this is something we'll be seeing all season...if it is, they probably won't make the playoffs.

Bynum was just resigned. I'd say Stuckey needs to go (Should have happened last year.)

Back