Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dantonio

LuciousGameWinner

If Saban leaves Alabama for Texas and we finish the season with two losses (losing to OSU, and then winning bowl game probably against SEC team) do you think Alabama comes calling or no way?

No way. I think this is MD's final coaching job, he's had his health problems and I think he retires in 3-4 years, might be the AD after Hollis.

N
No way. I think this is MD's final coaching job, he's had his health problems and I think he retires in 3-4 years, might be the AD after Hollis.

kind of pointless to argue really, it would have to be a drastic chain of events to get to that point. I don't know if MD could turn down the best program in the country for maybe double the salary.

I don't see a coach turning down 6 million a year to win national titles for the love of competing for big ten titles at MSU.

but again, it's not likely

Last edited:
Alabama is not coming for Dantonio. They would do something even dumber, like offer Brian Kelly the job. Besides, anyone should be more worried about Texas plucking their coach as Bama will double any offer Saban receives from Texas. They probably already have "Keep the Coach" donation jars next to every cash register in the state. I just hope Hoke and Brian Kelly (pathetic that we haven't beaten that clown) don't get better offers (not that Hoke would, at least not at this point)

Last edited:
Alabama is not coming for Dantonio. They would do something even dumber, like offer Brian Kelly the job. Besides, anyone should be more worried about Texas plucking their coach as Bama will double any offer Saban receives from Texas. They probably already have "Keep the Coach" donation jars next to every cash register in the state. I just hope Hoke and Brian Kelly (pathetic that we haven't beaten that clown) don't get better offers (not that Hoke would, at least not at this point)

Coach D stuck it to BK in OT 2010. Should have beaten them this year. I'd love a rematch the way the offense has stabilized and the defense has progressed.

watch

it was BK's first year and MD didn't "stick it to him" as it EASILY could have been a loss - can hardly say he out-coached Kelly there. And he hasn't beaten him since - made an ass of himself at ND the next year with that dumbass fake FG that everyone saw coming and abandoning the run WAY too early, then he put up 3 points and gave up 20 to a crap offense the next year and considering we should have pimped slapped them like we did michigan this year, i would say the 2013 contest was a huge coaching disappointment. Yes, the pass interference calls were a big difference but if MD and the OCs did their jobs those calls shouldn't have mattered.

Last edited:
it was BK's first year and MD didn't "stick it to him" as it EASILY could have been a loss - can hardly say he out-coached Kelly there. And he hasn't beaten him since - made an ass of himself at ND the next year with that dumbass fake FG that everyone saw coming and abandoning the run WAY too early, then he put up 3 points and gave up 20 to a crap offense the next year and considering we should have pimped slapped them like we did michigan this year, i would say the 2013 contest was a huge coaching disappointment. Yes, the pass interference calls were a big difference but if MD and the OCs did their jobs those calls shouldn't have mattered.

Let me re-phrase.

You said "pathetic that we haven't beaten that clown".

It is a fact that MSU has indeed beaten Brian Kelly at Notre Dame. It happened in 2010.

The rest of your opinion is duly noted.

fantastic, it's a fact that we have one win (barely) against a shitty coach in his first year inheriting a program at their lows with zero of his players. the reality is, we've lost badly to his bad teams ever since.

fantastic, it's a fact that we have one win (barely) against a shitty coach in his first year inheriting a program at their lows with zero of his players. the reality is, we've lost badly to his bad teams ever since.

Yes, we have one win against Brian Kelly at Notre Dame. Which is one more than you claimed we had. That's all I'm saying/correcting.

nit-picking an irrelevant point doesn't change the fact that Dantonio probably won't get the opportunity to turn down Alabama. They're not coming after a coach that went 3-5 in the worst FBS conference in football, even if he makes it to the B1G championship game this year - they can see what's happening at Arkansas just as plainly as we can.

nit-picking an irrelevant point doesn't change the fact that Dantonio probably won't get the opportunity to turn down Alabama. They're not coming after a coach that went 3-5 in the worst FBS conference in football, even if he makes it to the B1G championship game this year - they can see what's happening at Arkansas just as plainly as we can.

I was not in any way even trying to debate whether or not Coach D will have an opportunity to turn down Alabama.

I was simply correcting you when you very clearly stated in your previous post that MSU hadn't beaten Brian Kelly at ND. You were wrong in saying so, as irrelevant as you may suggest it to be now.

Again, that's all I'm saying/correcting. This isn't that hard to follow.

I was not in any way even trying to debate whether or not Coach D will have an opportunity to turn down Alabama.

I was simply correcting you when you very clearly stated in your previous post that MSU hadn't beaten Brian Kelly at ND. You were wrong in saying so, as irrelevant as you may suggest it to be now.

Again, that's all I'm saying/correcting. This isn't that hard to follow.

this is like talking to a 12 year old. Want me to write your next post for you? Here you go...

Again, I have nothing to say about the issue at hand here, I'm hijacking this thread to make it about a meaningless, irrelevant detail - MD did beat Brian Kelly - 3 years ago. I know it doesn't even disprove the secondary point which is that Brian Kelly has owned MD (with bad teams) since he became the coach at ND. No matter how hard you try to stick to the real issue which is only MSU fans think MD is a candidate for the Bama job, which won't even be open because Saban isn't going anywhere, i will make this about an irrelevant inaccurate statement you made...

this is like talking to a 12 year old. Want me to write your next post for you? Here you go...

Again, I have nothing to say about the issue at hand here, I'm hijacking this thread to make it about a meaningless, irrelevant detail - MD did beat Brian Kelly - 3 years ago. I know it doesn't even disprove the secondary point which is that Brian Kelly has owned MD (with bad teams) since he became the coach at ND. No matter how hard you try to stick to the real issue which is only MSU fans think MD is a candidate for the Bama job, which won't even be open because Saban isn't going anywhere, i will make this about an irrelevant inaccurate statement you made...

Sorry to upset you so much.

You stated something as fact that simply wasn't, and expressed outrage in it. In fact you used the word "pathetic" to describe the erroneous fact you made about never beating BK.

I simply made a correction thinking it might alleviate a tiny bit of your outrage but instead it has enraged you further. I really don't know why you are so upset about it. Are you embarrassed over the mistake you made?

I kind of expected a little "oops" admission from you. It happens. Perhaps you thought that 2010 game was the last year of the Weis era. Perhaps you just forgot that MSU won that 2010 game.

But instead, you have become agitated and confrontational about it. No idea why.

And for the record, I did express thoughts on the question of MD potentially leaving. I don't think he will leave, because he has gone on record in the past as saying this is his last coaching job. I simply believe him.

I'm not even remotely upset about this, i just think it's odd that you obsess over this point and ignore the real point i was making which is that I don't think MD is even a candidate for the Bama job because I don't think he's a great coach. I was at the game in 2010 and remember it like it was yesterday, but if you read my first response you'd see that I'm not really counting that as a win against BK - it was his first year, he inherited a program in a tailspin, didn't have any of his guys, etc, etc, etc. Technically, what i said was not correct but the reality is MD has pretty much been dominated by a bad coach.

Last edited:
Is this a sick day or does your middle school you have wi-fi?

Still mad at me because you said something wrong? I know it took 5 posts for you to acknowledge and admit that you were wrong on something. Not sure what the big deal was. Maybe another 5 or 10 posts you'll stop being mad at me about it.

Anyways, hope you get over it soon.

:p

Back