Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jarius Jones out for the year

Sbee

MD announced it today, that's a blow, he was great in pass coverage early on. it's possible that he gets a 6th year, got hurt in the ND game.

on other injury news burbridge is still questionable with the hamstring and Hoover should be able to play at Nebraska

I've been asking for him for a few weeks now and there's the answer. Hopefully he can get another year. He's incredible in coverage.

I'd love to have another experienced linebacker next year

He may or may not get a 6th year, considering he's missed the majority of 3 seasons, I think he deserves one, but am not sure on the specifics of the NCAA rules, I do know he doesn't qualify for one based on this year alone, but they can consider multiple years.

We're bringing back 2 experienced LBs next year in Taiwan Jones and Ed Davis (Has been great this year). Adding Jairus Jones will really help this team overcome the losses of Allen and Bullough.

Is Hicks in line to replace Dennard? Or is it Robinson?

Trae Waynes will move over to Dennard's side of the field. He's been almost as good as Denard this year, he's longer and just as fast. Ezra Robinson and Darian Hicks will compete for Waynes's old spot. Demetrius Cox will see time at both safety and the nickle.

They'll be paired with two excellent and experienced safeties in Drummond and WIlliamson. I know you hear it from every team, but most MSU fans think that Williamson has clearly outplayed Lewis this year, he's bigger, a lot faster, and is a playmaker. Drummond is already clearly the best safety we have. The secondary should be very very good again next season. I think what you have there is Dantonio probably having the best eye for secondary talent in all of football, coupled with Harlon Barnett being one of the best secondary coaches in the nation too. As long as MD is here, the secondary will be a strength.

Last edited:
Back