Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

For the degenerates...Week 1

kgdetroit

Ok guys football season is nearly upon us and I know I am not the only one out there to follow the betting lines, so here's a write up of my week 1 picks ATS.

Locked in: 6 point teaser Detroit @ Tampa, Det +7.5, Over 35
I like the Lions here straight up, but in week 1 I'm gonna play it a bit safe and take the 6 points on both.

Leans: Cinci @ Cleveland, Cleveland -6.5
Cleveland is 1-10 their last 11 home openers but the Bengals will probably be one of the leagues worst and starting a rookie QB. That's enough for me to overlook the Brownies recent woes, especially when laying less than a TD.

Carolina @ Arizona, Arizona -7
Another rookie QB starting on the road. Cam Newton has looked terrible in preseason and I think the Cards cover easily.

Indy @ Houston, Houston -9
Colts starting 90 year old Kerry Collins after 2 weeks of learning the offense plus the probable start of Arian Foster is enough to take the points and Houston at home to cover. This isn't the same Colts team of years past.

Those are my leans so far, what do you guys think? Ill update later in the week with locked in picks if this thread draws any interest.

Detroit, Cleveland, Houston

Car/Ari game no thanks. I think the score will be like 9-8

Could be, but I'm thinking Kolb has established some chemistry with Fitzgerald and has shown enough to put up at least 17 against the putrid Panthers and I think Carolina will be lucky to get 10 with Newton.

Fitz should be triple covered every down this year. There is no one on that offense that scares App. State.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Fitz should be triple covered every down this year. There is no one on that offense that scares App. State.

App State might be able to give Carolina a run for their money this year lol.

I disagree, but that's why its called gambling right? We'll know after Sunday.

I took Zona in suicide league.

I played a 5 team parlay and I took The Detroit +1, Falcons -3 , Rams +5 1/2 Browns -7 and Zona -7.

Back