Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Clarkston 32 DCC 14 Final D-1

biggunsbob

Saturday 1pm
Clarkston 12-1 verses DCC 11-1...

All-time records

Clarkston.........363-221-8
DCC................467-163-5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clarkston
class size

Huge schools here..
They cruised through they playoffs and have a points for/against of
516/193 with two team shutouts. This is the first title game for the wolves.

http://michigan-football.com/f/clrkston.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Novi Detroit Catholic central
Class size

DCC is a state power.. They lost the last two title games to Cass tech but crushed them in the semi-finals this year 28-0.. Last title win was in 2008..They also have wins in 2003,2002,2001,1998,1997, 1995,1992, Lost in 1991, win in 1990,
Lost in 1988 and 87.
Won in 1979 .....Yup a power house...LOL Sorry if I missed one..
Points for/against stand at 383/158.. and have pitched 4 shutouts including the
Cass tech one.

http://michigan-football.com/f/detrotcc.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prediction
DCC multiple state titles and crushed the defending two time state champion in the semis. They are a private school team. Only thing the wolves have going or it is their
school class size.

DCC by 14.5....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

semi-final scores

SF1: Clarkston 61, Flint Carman-Ainsworth 26
SF2: Detroit Catholic Central 28, Detroit Cass Tech 0

Last edited:
wow... CC destroyed Cass Tech. is that the biggest surprise of these playoffs?

yup stay tuned...I will have all my predictions up later tonight or tomorrow ...D-8 is already up...Yeah read what reddmer kid had to say...I guess Cass tech's QB imploded...

Yeah, it seems Jayru Campbell was beyond frustrated with the smothering CC defense. He got into an after whistle scrap late in the second quarter after a CC kid forced a fumble off of him. I heard that late in the game he lost it again and viciously grabbed a CC kids facemask and just about dragged him across the field.

In post game handshakes, he took a swing at a CC kid (the one with whom he tussled with late 2Q). Punched him square in the mouth. Heard his coaches had to restrain him. Had him pinned on ground until he cooled off. Real sore loser stuff.

There is video of a Cass Tech coach apologizing to the CC team and coaches after the game.

I'm really bothered by Jayru's behavior in the post game stuff. During the game I understand emotions and he's a kid. But to throw a punch during handshakes? Apparently just because you lost?

Yeah, it seems Jayru Campbell was beyond frustrated with the smothering CC defense. He got into an after whistle scrap late in the second quarter after a CC kid forced a fumble off of him. I heard that late in the game he lost it again and viciously grabbed a CC kids facemask and just about dragged him across the field.

In post game handshakes, he took a swing at a CC kid (the one with whom he tussled with late 2Q). Punched him square in the mouth. Heard his coaches had to restrain him. Had him pinned on ground until he cooled off. Real sore loser stuff.

There is video of a Cass Tech coach apologizing to the CC team and coaches after the game.

I'm really bothered by Jayru's behavior in the post game stuff. During the game I understand emotions and he's a kid. But to throw a punch during handshakes? Apparently just because you lost?

sounds like he's Mike Vick, Jr.

Personally I was rooting for Cass Tech. I just think Public school team's have a disadvantage over private school teams.. I had forgotten the Cass tech QB was a msu recruit.Nothing seems to be going wrong for O$U and Msu right now..

Personally I was rooting for Cass Tech. I just think Public school team's have a disadvantage over private school teams.. I had forgotten the Cass tech QB was a msu recruit.Nothing seems to be going wrong for O$U and Msu right now..

It's hard to feel a high school football team like Cass Tech is at some disadvantage to anyone. Their roster is full of great athletes from all over Detroit (and I bet some nearby surrounding areas). I remember reading earlier this year how every senior on their team from last year got a football scholarship of some sort.

Yes some public school teams seem to have it all...EGR, Cass Tech.. But when I watch Public verses Private school match-ups it always seems the private school teams have such bigger kids. Plus all private school teams have a wider range of area they can get kids..
Age old debate public verses private..
We do have some of those match-ups in title games this year. Like most years it will probably spilt down the middle who wins and losses.. I think last year out of the 16 teams in title games it was eight and eight.. Now some played each other.. (not sure if it was last year but it was 1-3 years ago)

let me finish this all up and maybe we can start a tread about it..:)

Last edited:
Clarkston improves to 13-1
DCC FALLS TO 12-2.

public UP 3-2 NOW.. In the head to head matches..

Back