Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Excuses for not going to weddings

Michchamp

that thread on the Michigan board got me thinking...

Now, I KNOW I am on the record as being opposed to Excuse Making generally, but this is different.

This is GOOD Excuse Making, since it helps us avoid the unnecessary expense and waste of time, especially football watching time, involved in going to someone's wedding.

make a distinction between cancellations before & after the RSVP, since some Excuses will not hold water if the wedding isn't going to happen for another couple months.

ok: GO.

Better yet, excuses to get out of going to a wedding when you are the one getting married.

adam86107 said:
Better yet, excuses to get out of going to a wedding when you are the one getting married.

tell her you just had sex with an HIV-positive male prostitute.

Just don't show up. Or you could just say the truth, "I dont want to go".

It depends - is it a tradtional wedding, or same sex?

And if it's same sex, is it gay, or lesbian?

The excuses vary from case to case.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]It depends - is it a tradtional wedding, or same sex?

You just gave me an idea: "Sorry, I refuse to attend any weddings until all people are free to marry, regardless of gayness or other factors."

That gives my excuse making a strong moral foundation.

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]It depends - is it a tradtional wedding, or same sex?

You just gave me an idea: "Sorry, I refuse to attend any weddings until all people are free to marry, regardless of gayness or other factors."

That gives my excuse making a strong moral foundation.

Good.

"I refuse to attend any weddings until the government is out of the business of licensing marriages altogether."

Better.

Back