Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Paul Walker Dies in a car crash

Am I the only one who doesn't give a rat's ass about this actor dying? I can't recall so much (sentimentalized BS) being made about a relative no name actor. I wonder who else died that day??

I wonder if the driver Roger Rodas -- a stock broker from Glendale that I have met -- has a family that is even sadder at losing their loved one than the throngs of "Fast and Furious" movie fans feel about this actor they've never met..?

I guess I've never understood why we're supposed to mourn the loss of someone lucky enough to be in movies moreso than anyone else.

He's been in a lot more than the Fast and Furious movies. In-fact I just watched a movie with him in it yesterday, also with Matt Dillion.

It's more about a young person dying..than because he's an actor in some movie.

Last edited:
You honestly think so? I don't. I think we act as if society has lost some "artist" when some famous person dies and we hold them out to be better than all the other 30yr olds that died that day. If it wasn't a "fiery car crash" and so "ironic" I know it wouldn't be such a big story, but it's everywhere....

and hardly a mention of Roger at all.

You honestly think so? I don't. I think we act as if society has lost some "artist" when some famous person dies and we hold them out to be better than all the other 30yr olds that died that day. If it wasn't a "fiery car crash" and so "ironic" I know it wouldn't be such a big story, but it's everywhere....

and hardly a mention of Roger at all.

I'll give you that if he wasn't in movies there wouldn't be a story written about him but its still a young man dying.

Why is anyone talking shit about this guy? From everything I've read and seen (before and after the death) he's a charitable guy who actually gets out and goes to help people instead of just throwing money at the situation. He also seemed humble and didn't take his fame for granted. He deserves recognition for who he was and the support of his fans.

Also, who gives a shit how many movies he's in? I feel for the driver of the car, but I'm sure his family and friends are thankful they aren't being treated like paul walker's and stalked by media assholes.

Better to not comment on someone's death if you're just going to be a dick.

Nobody was acting like a dick, he was voicing a valid opinion, the fact that it opposes yours is nothing new on these boards.

Since when does someone voicing their opinions make them a dick?

He's been in a lot more than the Fast and Furious movies. In-fact I just watched a movie with him in it yesterday, also with Matt Dillion.

I never saw any of the Fast and Furious movies; I wouldn't have even known who Paul Walker was. I do know who Vin Diesel is, and I've probably seen him in something.

Someone told me yesterday that he was the main character in 8 Below, which I did see, but I wouldn't have remembered his name from that.

Now that I'm remembering the guy from 8 Below, I do vaguely recognize Paul Walker as possibly being the guy that was in that (which he was).

EDIT:

I've seen Flags of Our Fathers and Brokedown Palace. I remember Ryan Felipe from Flags of Our Fathers primarily, and Clint Eastwood's guitar playing at the end. Oh, and the guy that who played the native American who they cropped into the photo (or maybe they restaged the photo), or something - Adam Beach, he was on Law and Order a couple seasons, and Big Love.

I think he had a really small role in Brokedown Palace.

Here is Paul Walker's IMDB page.

Someone told me that because of 8 Below, he loved huskies and german shepherds. I was told that he sometimes came to that street where I was walking my dogs and met Michael Wetherly (Dinozzo) and whenever he saw a husky or shepherd he would approach the dog and the owner and talk about that movie; I don't know what he was doing on that street; maybe he has the same personal trainer as Michael Wetherly.

But I guess he was never there when I was out with my husky/shepherds, because he never came up to me.

Last edited:
How am I being a dick and how am I talking shit?!

Some guy from some movies about super-cool fake street racing dies ....driving too fast and I'm a dick because the media obsesses over the guy?! Charitable?! Give me a fucking break ...millions of people are charitable and when they pass away, it's not a headline event for days on end with crap about all the "tributes" being paid just because he died.

Sorry if I offended anyone who is a big fan of the Fast and Furious franchise - I guess I'm "too old" to think those "movies" are anything but special effect computer games and I guess if some actor who plays a rock and roll star dies of an overdose it would be the same "stranger than fiction" obsession?!

Anyone dying is sad. It's no sadder because he was on TV and when it's someone who know, it's far different than some dude you think is awesome because of some role he/she played.

Last edited:
Hey Mitch,

I was going to PM you and whine about other posters but figured instead I would tell you that a buddy of mine lives in Verrado too. I didn't realize you were in AZ ...guess I assumed you were in MI.

Hey Mitch,

I was going to PM you and whine about other posters but figured instead I would tell you that a buddy of mine lives in Verrado too. I didn't realize you were in AZ ...guess I assumed you were in MI.

I just moved to Arizona in April, and moved to Verrado 5 weeks ago (house was being built). Awesome place by the way.

Yeah, I hadn't noticed the AZ "Location" before and that area is super nice with all new homes and my buddy loves it. They're from outside Chicago and have been there for a few years now. I gave him grief at one point because some sign near his development said something like, "Est. MMVII" or whatever means something like "2007"

Yeah, I hadn't noticed the AZ "Location" before and that area is super nice with all new homes and my buddy loves it. They're from outside Chicago and have been there for a few years now. I gave him grief at one point because some sign near his development said something like, "Est. MMVII" or whatever means something like "2007"

Its definitely a small area. Beautiful but small. There are some houses just down the street that are 1 million plus. We're in a 3-year old neighborhood, at the 250k range though. My wife passes the 1m homes and says "why don't we live over their?" Because I'm not a sports superstar, hon ;-)

It will be interesting to see if Nelson Mandela's passing gets half the run Fast and Furious guy did...

Back