Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU 11-1

beez

If MSU goes 11-1 this year, you have my word I will never post here again. I will cancel my account and be gone. Any othe UM fans willing to make the guarantee? 11-1...geeeeet the fuck outta here!

Coming from a die-hard MSU fan, I will tell you that your offer isn't really much of an offer. I can't think of a single MSU fan that thinks State will go 11-1. That's just completely improbable. Our conference schedule this year is too brutal.

Yeah, 10-2 is the high end for MSU this year, but 8 or 9 wins is more likely. Wisconsin and Nebraska are just too good.

Uhh theres a whole long series of posts about it in one of the other threads in here. Thats why I made this promise.

msu2011 said:
vs. Younstown St. W easy
vs Florida Atlantic W another easy one
@ Notre Dame W tougher but I dont think they will be as good as us
vs Central Michigan W another easy game
@ Ohio St. W to many distractions for them plus the remaining members of the tat 5 are out
vs Michigan W they are not on our level yet they are getting better but they are not there yet
vs Wisconsin W I think they will be worse than last year and we will be better
@ Nebraska L tough environment and they are a good team
vs Minnesota W easy
@ Iowa W I dont think Iowa will be what most people think they will be
vs Indiana W easy
@ Northwestern W/L If Persa is playing well then this will be a very hard game, but if Persa doesnt come back strong it will be a win.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Did you just pick them to be 11-1? Wow.

msu2011 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Did you just pick them to be 11-1? Wow.
Yes sir I did thats the way I see it as long as everyone stays healthy then why not?

MichChamp02 said:
msu2011 said:
Yes sir I did thats the way I see it as long as everyone stays healthy then why not?

because they're not that good of a team.

msu2011 said:
MichChamp02 said:
because they're not that good of a team.

Why not? What makes this team so much different from last year?

MichChamp02 said:
msu2011 said:
Why not? What makes this team so much different from last year?

read my posts on the first page of the the thread. If you understand my position, I'm saying not all 10-2 teams are equal.

MSU probably would have been 9-3 if they had played ohio, and more likely than not, 8-4 if they had to play @ Wisconsin. Not trying to take away anything from their achievement, just saying they were luckier than good last year.

YOU see them as building on a 10-2 finish; I see them as a team that should have been 8-4, lost some talent, and will probably be around 7-5/8-4 this season.

staegrac said:
MichChamp02 said:
read my posts on the first page of the the thread. If you understand my position, I'm saying not all 10-2 teams are equal.

MSU probably would have been 9-3 if they had played ohio, and more likely than not, 8-4 if they had to play @ Wisconsin. Not trying to take away anything from their achievement, just saying they were luckier than good last year.

YOU see them as building on a 10-2 finish; I see them as a team that should have been 8-4, lost some talent, and will probably be around 7-5/8-4 this season.

I agree that not all 10-2 teams are equal...Where was the luck last year? The way I see it MD called a good play against ND and it paid off, did close to the same thing against NW and they couldnt stop it...Played bad against PU but at the end it was KC's leadership that brought the win, the only luck I see from last years season was that Alabama didnt beat us by more.

The reason we were 11-2 last was because we made good decisions in contrast to the year before with the prevent D, and players really stepped up in critical situations

Beez said:
Uhh theres a whole long series of posts about it in one of the other threads in here. Thats why I made this promise.

Most of that thread was people predicting between 6 and 10 wins. He was the only one that said 11. You can't rub his face in the dirt either. Think about it, returning B10 champs who won 11 games last year and have a majority of the nucleus coming back. Now look at some of the UM predictions and you will find people predicting 10 wins for a UM team that won 7 games last year and has a new coach. Who sounds more silly here ?

I'll rub his face in the dirt. It's ridiculous.

Beez said:
I'll rub his face in the dirt. It's ridiculous.
Wait and see man. I think they can do it. 10 or 11 wins is very doable this season. They have the talent and the coaching staff to get it done. All they need is for the offensive line to come together.

I know several spartan fans who think they can win every game and go to the NC game. To early to tell what they have really seeing they have played 2 cupcakes.

i didn't see this comment in the other thread: <blockquote>Where was the luck last year? The way I see it MD called a good play against ND and it paid off, did close to the same thing against NW and they couldnt stop it</blockquote>

Is winning on trick plays NOT the very definition of luck? Look the slightest thing goes wrong on a fake FG call, and it blows up in your face. Same with a fake punt.

and if you think about the fact that MSU won every close game they played, and lost no close games, the fact that they were a lucky team should be self-evident.

Even the most shameless homer should be able to admit that you don't win every close game you play by being good; sure that matters, but luck obviously is on your side too.

You know, MSU could have won that game going away, they squandered several chances throughout that game and MSU fans were shocked it went into OT. I figured it was another game we should have won easily, but we were letting it slip away in typical heartbreaking fashion.

Wait and see man. I think they can do it. 10 or 11 wins is very doable this season. They have the talent and the coaching staff to get it done. All they need is for the offensive line to come together.

My apologies..they came very close to your 11-1.

LOL, as ridiculous as a UM fan prediciting 10 wins ?

However, my team......lol

Matters not to me whether MSU goes 11-1 or 1-11. What does matter are the circumstances of that one loss or win.

And never again will I endure jibes about Michigan padding its all-time win total against the likes of AAP HS:

Spartan Athletics ‏@MSU_Athletics
#OnThisDate in 1896, @msu_football played its first ever game, defeating Lansing High School, 10-0. #Spartans
Retweeted by Spartan Football

Last edited:
Matters not to me whether MSU goes 11-1 or 1-11. What does matter are the circumstances of that one loss or win. And never again will I endure jibes about Michigan padding its all-time win total against the likes of AAP HS: Spartan Athletics ‏@MSU_Athletics #OnThisDate in 1896, @msu_football played its first ever game, defeating Lansing High School, 10-0. #Spartans Retweeted by Spartan Football

In all fairness, Lansing had a pretty good team that year.

Last edited:
Back