Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

American Football gains IOC recognition

Michchamp

This brings it a step closer to being an olympic sport!

Note: the rest of the world calls it "American football" to distinguish it from "soccer" which they actually call football. Non-americans are so crazy, eh!?!?

It's odd that this has nothing to do with the NFL, and the NFL has even gone out of its way to ignore the IFAF (Int'l Federation of American Football) which is based in France and hosts the World Cup of Football.

I'm guessing the NFL wants to control all american football wherever it's played, and anything that escapes it's control (like the IFAF) it wants nothing to do with.

the IFAF hosted world cups in American football in '99, '03, '07, and '11. The US has won the two they participated in ('07 and '11), but it's competitive, since the Americans can't field anyone who played a down of professional football at anytime in their careers.

Amazingly the best other teams are Japan, Mexico and Germany. Japan won the first two tourneys, and took the US to double OT in '07. I like to imagine they won using Kamakaze rushing techniques. BANZAI!!!

The US National American Football Team's jerseys might be the most American thing ever. Not the one that exists now, that one we'd get if this happened.

This is the best I found. Not 'Murican enough. Maybe they need wings. Or maybe we should let UMaryland design them.

usa-football-helmet-6511672.jpg

Last edited:
that's awful.

they should be more understated, like Mens' soccer.

USA%20Soccer%20Jersey.jpg

solid colors (blue; white away) and work the stars and stripes into the trim.

Back