Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Favorite TV Show Theme Songs of all time

Hawaii Five-0. Especially when combined with the open. The rest is conversation.

Magnum PI, Mission Impossible, Star Trek deserves a spot on the list, but I'm not sure which version I'd pick

I loved All in the Family. Edith had a great voice.

for a long time I had a great bass line in my head that I couldn't figure out what it went to... turns out it was the theme song to Barney Miller. which I used to watch when I was really little... like 2 or 3 years old. crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roHYXrLhmHc

I also agree with MASH, the original Star Trek, the A-Team (maybe the single greatest) and Night Court.

a couple years ago, someone got me a season of the A-Team on DVD, and I realized that the theme song, and intro were far more dramatic and endearing than the plots of every episode, which followed the same formula each time.

a lot of those didn't have lyrics though.. MASH and friends did

I always liked the theme from The Greatest American Hero. Joey Scarbury sang it, and I believe it charted pretty high.

Stupid show - great song.

The theme from Friends is a decent song.

For instrumental only themes, I also liked the them from Mannix. Anyone remember that show?

While I've gone back and forth on being able to tolerate watching Friends, I always hated the theme song from the show... seemed like a 12-year-old could've written the lyrics to it. the video was dumb too.

Tough question as I think I favor some themes simply because they take me back and maybe not so much as how "good" the actual song was/is.

Of themes already listed I like MASH, Dukes, Fall Guy, Magnum, Barney Miller (that is a dope bass line champ...), Greatest American Hero, A-Team, and the original Star Trek

Themes not listed; Cheers, Taxi, Sanford & Son, Welcome Back Kotter, Rockford Files, Hill Street Blues, Family Ties...there's a lot more out there that I like too...

the late 70s/early 80s were the golden age of TV theme songs.

since then there are only a couple I like. The Simpsons theme song is amazing. South Park (hiring Les Claypool to do your theme song is a genius move), ah... I can't really think of too many others since then.

Tough question as I think I favor some themes simply because they take me back and maybe not so much as how "good" the actual song was/is.

Of themes already listed I like MASH, Dukes, Fall Guy, Magnum, Barney Miller (that is a dope bass line champ...), Greatest American Hero, A-Team, and the original Star Trek

Themes not listed; Cheers, Taxi, Sanford & Son, Welcome Back Kotter, Rockford Files, Hill Street Blues, Family Ties...there's a lot more out there that I like too...

Like your themes not listed too - especially Rockford Files.

Back