Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Franklin to Penn St may have a major hitch

Gulo Blue

http://vandypride.com/james-franklin-wont-be-leaving-vanderbilt-anytime-son/

According to this link, his Vandy contract tied paying off the $31M practice facility to his contract.

According to a source in the athletic department there is no buy out clause. But the way the contract is written the turf on the football field that was put down two years ago and the new 31 million dollar indoor practice facility is tied to Coach Franklin and his contract. And if he leaves whichever school wants our coach has to pay off the upgrades that Franklin asked for and received.

I'm sure Penn State has the money, but I don't think Franklin is worth it. It's incredible what kind of things get put in contracts these days.

some people have pointed out he had his own sex scandal (with 4 players raping & sodomizing an unconscious co-ed) and one of the attorneys in that case is trying to subpoena the coaching staff's telephone records to see if they had knowledge of it.

if I were a PennSt administrator... I would try to avoid coaches who have even come within a whiff of a sex scandal of their own. But maybe that's just me.

Well shit, if that's true...definitely a guy Penn State should avoid.

http://onwardstate.com/2014/01/16/james-franklin-takes-out-thank-you-ad-in-nashville-paper/

Franklin took out an ad in the Nashville paper. I like it.

BeG56yQCIAA2dRc-580x348.jpg

some people have pointed out he had his own sex scandal (with 4 players raping & sodomizing an unconscious co-ed) and one of the attorneys in that case is trying to subpoena the coaching staff's telephone records to see if they had knowledge of it.

if I were a PennSt administrator... I would try to avoid coaches who have even come within a whiff of a sex scandal of their own. But maybe that's just me.

Yeah. Seems too dumb to be true.

...probably means it's true.

Last edited:
Back