Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Billion dollar bracket

I am going to buy a Island if I win...Everyone here gets something...

Last edited:
I am going to buy a Island if I win...Everyone here gets something...

you can gift up to $13,000 per person, per year, without creating any additional tax obligations for the recipients. set up a trust and have the gifts paid out of that!

and you can take the prize as 40 payments of $25 million or a $500 million lump sum. $500, minus an additional $175 million for Federal income taxes... and minus whatever additional state and/or local income taxes you're subject to... so probably around $300 million is what you get when all is said and done.

you can gift up to $13,000 per person, per year, without creating any additional tax obligations for the recipients. set up a trust and have the gifts paid out of that!

and you can take the prize as 40 payments of $25 million or a $500 million lump sum. $500, minus an additional $175 million for Federal income taxes... and minus whatever additional state and/or local income taxes you're subject to... so probably around $300 million is what you get when all is said and done.

Good enough.... That will buy a lot of stuff..

Last edited:
There are 114 million US households. So $8.70 per household (before taxes and distribution costs). If we all collaborate so no 2 households submit identical brackets...our odds of one of us hitting it are... 0.0000000012% Not good.

But that's randomly guessing. Let's say we assume no #16s upset any #1. As long as that holds and nobody fills out a bracket with a #16 upset our odds improve to... 0.00000002%. Well, that's not going to get it done either. I wonder how much you could improve the odds by only selecting the 114 million most likely scenarios (according to seeding).

Last edited:
Back