Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Alleged Rape of Swim Student by Football players

awful.

whatever happened to that other Missouri case? it was the one in some hick town where the local HS football hero raped a girl, his grandpa was a Missouri state rep & former state house majority leader, and the DA dropped charges. I remember reading an interview with the DA, and as he's saying there was no issue of undue influence... while not even bothering to move the framed portrait of the rapist's grandpa hanging on the wall of his office.

this case sounds like just a mess for all involved, given the time that's elapsed and the fact that the girl is deceased.

Side Note: Stories like this make me hopeI never have a daughter. But if I do... "stay away from the football team, and... the basketball team. and, well, most teams for that matter." Maybe the chess team or the debate team is okay. This will be one of our life lessons.

Last edited by a moderator:
this happens constantly, there was that horrible BYU case a while back, Mizzou RB that got kicked out of school, etc.

lots of factors at play here but the culture needs to change with college football players and entitlement

this case sounds like just a mess for all involved, given the time that's elapsed and the fact that the girl is deceased.

Side Note: Stories like this make me hopeI never have a daughter. But if I do... "stay away from the football team, and... the basketball team. and, well, most teams for that matter." Maybe the chess team or the debate team is okay. This will be one of our life lessons.

Also teach her to not get so drunk that she "thinks she might have been raped"

While it is 100% the fault of the person who may have raped her there is something to be said for not putting yourself into that situation.

Also teach her to not get so drunk that she "thinks she might have been raped"

While it is 100% the fault of the person who may have raped her there is something to be said for not putting yourself into that situation.

I agree that it's not a good thing to put yourself in a bad situation, but I don't see where it says she was drunk. this is where the incident(s) is/are described:
Among the thousands of pages of documents gathered by Missouri administrators in late 2012 in response to a records request was a December 2010 online chat transcript between Menu Courey and a rape crisis counselor that had been saved in Menu Courey's university email folder. In the transcript, the former top swim recruit describes an assault after having consensual sex with an unidentified man. Another document discovered by a university hospital administrator shows Menu Courey had told a campus nurse and doctor in 2011 that she had been raped by a football player in February 2010.
too often it seems the authorities look for an excuse to do nothing, instead of just blocking out the heat they know they'll take from players, fans, coaches, and even University officials, conducting an investigation, and filing charges. DAs are too political sometimes to pursue charges knowing it's going to hurt them when they go up for re-election, and the biggest employer in the county (Mizzou), it's football team and their fans, are not happy with them.

I agree that it's not a good thing to put yourself in a bad situation, but I don't see where it says she was drunk. this is where the incident(s) is/are described:
Among the thousands of pages of documents gathered by Missouri administrators in late 2012 in response to a records request was a December 2010 online chat transcript between Menu Courey and a rape crisis counselor that had been saved in Menu Courey's university email folder. In the transcript, the former top swim recruit describes an assault after having consensual sex with an unidentified man. Another document discovered by a university hospital administrator shows Menu Courey had told a campus nurse and doctor in 2011 that she had been raped by a football player in February 2010.
too often it seems the authorities look for an excuse to do nothing, instead of just blocking out the heat they know they'll take from players, fans, coaches, and even University officials, conducting an investigation, and filing charges. DAs are too political sometimes to pursue charges knowing it's going to hurt them when they go up for re-election, and the biggest employer in the county (Mizzou), it's football team and their fans, are not happy with them.

I may have miss interpreted what she siad.

"Outside the Lines" reported that for most of 2010, Missouri swimmer Sasha Menu Courey harbored a secret: She believed she'd been raped by a football player."

"Outside the Lines" also reported Friday that Menu Courey shared with at least one other person details of the alleged assault. A friend, former Missouri wide receiver Rolandis Woodland, said he has seen a videotape of the alleged incident that corroborates the basics of what she told medical officials, and that three other Missouri football players actually were involved.

From those statements I assumed that she had sex with one guy then 1-3 more thought they could take their turns. I assumed she must have been really drunk or passed out. This sounds just like the Winston situation @ FSU. It's disgusting!

I may have miss interpreted what she siad.

"Outside the Lines" reported that for most of 2010, Missouri swimmer Sasha Menu Courey harbored a secret: She believed she'd been raped by a football player."

"Outside the Lines" also reported Friday that Menu Courey shared with at least one other person details of the alleged assault. A friend, former Missouri wide receiver Rolandis Woodland, said he has seen a videotape of the alleged incident that corroborates the basics of what she told medical officials, and that three other Missouri football players actually were involved.

From those statements I assumed that she had sex with one guy then 1-3 more thought they could take their turns. I assumed she must have been really drunk or passed out. This sounds just like the Winston situation @ FSU. It's disgusting!

you assume like an idiot and you seem to think she was asking for it? how the hell do you think that?

you assume like an idiot and you seem to think she was asking for it? how the hell do you think that?

I never said she was asking for it....I don't see how you could read that into what I said. I was going off of the first quote where she said that "she believed that she was raped by a football player"

The article also stated that she had consentual sex with one individual and that "A friend, former Missouri wide receiver Rolandis Woodland, said he has seen a videotape of the alleged incident that corroborates the basics of what she told medical officials, and that three other Missouri football players actually were involved."

This to me indicates that she may not have remembered exactly what happened and why I thought she may have been too drunk to remember.

NOWHERE did I say she deserved it!!!

Apparently MU is saying the only report back when it happened was with medical personnel who aren't permitted to report to authorities and ESPN is completely spinning it.

Wheres hungry in this thread to defend the accused? He can come up with his classic defense lines like vaginal tearing and upper body bruising from consential sex and how you have to assume nothing happened.

Last edited:
Who was the mizzou rb that got convicted a few years ago? He fingered the roomate of a girl he was hooking up with while she was asleep.

Back