Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best comic Book movies of all time

michiganalex

Superman 1 & 2
Spiderman 1 & 2
xmen 1 & 2
Avengers
Dark Knight
Captain America
Thor
Wolverine
Batman 1 & 2

Those that could be added

Captain America 2
Thor 2
Avengers 2
X MEn Days of Future Past

lol...This list reads like it was made by someone that hasn't picked up a comic book in his life, no offense.

300, The Crow, Sin City, The Watchmen, and Road to Perdition are better than most of those. You also listed every X-Men except First Class, which I would argue was the best of the X-Men franchise so far.

i never understood the appeal as a kid.

if you're going to read, you might as well read something informative. if you don't want to read, play video games, go pick on your little brother, or go play outside.

I just bought comic books to draw from. I never read them except for Richie Rich but I liked to draw the super hero's. I liked the car magazines as well. I used to get them free. I worked in a drug store (14 years old) and when they had left overs (never sold), I had to tear the cover off of them for the salesman (credit?) and I kept the rest to draw from. I also used them as disposable paint pallets. Comic book Artists were some of the most talented artists in their day.

i never understood the appeal as a kid.

if you're going to read, you might as well read something informative. if you don't want to read, play video games, go pick on your little brother, or go play outside.

I've seen more comic book movies than actually read comic books.

I never read them as a kid either. But since Watchmen the movie came out, I've read Watchmen, Batman: Year One and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, and Logicomix.

I might get The Killing Joke (Alan Moore Batman) next...or something else by Alan Moore.

Last edited:
Logicomix doesn't belong in this thread. I don't see a movie getting made about it ever.

6a00e5519a1c368834014e60567cce970c-800wi

Last edited:
I just bought comic books to draw from. I never read them except for Richie Rich but I liked to draw the super hero's. I liked the car magazines as well. I used to get them free. I worked in a drug store (14 years old) and when they had left overs (never sold), I had to tear the cover off of them for the salesman (credit?) and I kept the rest to draw from. I also used them as disposable paint pallets. Comic book Artists were some of the most talented artists in their day.

I know. I mostly wanted to give red crap.

I forgot about that one. Remember Robert Crumb and the Weirdo Magazine or his Dirty Laundry comic? He is an excellent artist.

http://www.crumbproducts.com/

Didn't have it... that would've set off alarms in our house.

My parents kept a pretty strict watch on what I read, watched, and listened to up until I was 16 and my driver's license provided some freedom. Mad Magazine was tolerated because it was around when my dad was a kid, and he remembered it. "Parental Advisory" label music, certain books or posters, or magazines etc. were "filth."

It's weird to remember living through that.

lol...This list reads like it was made by someone that hasn't picked up a comic book in his life, no offense.

300, The Crow, Sin City, The Watchmen, and Road to Perdition are better than most of those. You also listed every X-Men except First Class, which I would argue was the best of the X-Men franchise so far.

Are graphic novels and comic books really the same thing though?

Didn't have it... that would've set off alarms in our house.

My parents kept a pretty strict watch on what I read, watched, and listened to up until I was 16 and my driver's license provided some freedom. Mad Magazine was tolerated because it was around when my dad was a kid, and he remembered it. "Parental Advisory" label music, certain books or posters, or magazines etc. were "filth."

It's weird to remember living through that.

Just think... Your a finer man today because of it.

after reading htis i realize how little u knwo about me. so i take offense. I have over 1000 comics. Spectaular Spiderman Vol 1 issue 1, Avengers Annual 11 ( first appearance of Rogue) are among my best issue.

I also have the famed GI Joe SILENT ISSUE. The first meeting of Superman and Spiderman. Batman and Spiderman where they team up against the Joker and Carnage. The Civil War. WWH. and if you don't knwo what WWH is then you don't read comics that much. Wolverine Origins. the first appearance of Gambit. The morlock Masacure. an issue cross over of GI Joe and Transformers where Megatron makes a deal with Cobra Commander where he gives Cobra tech nology for a complete refurbishment. turning him from the Gun we all know and love to a battle Tank

Back