Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Olympics Thread

A sub-forum that would only get used for 2 weeks every 2 years?

Misc. sports seems to be an appropriate place for it.

Looking at that insane figure of $51 BILLION WITH A CAPITAL "B" of Russian taxpayer dollars bilked out of these games via corruption, you can bet all U.S. government contractors, esp. Halliburton, Blackwater, GE, etc. are taking notes for the next games hosted stateside.

A sub-forum that would only get used for 2 weeks every 2 years?

Misc. sports seems to be an appropriate place for it.

It can be deleted after the Olympics are over, just saying that during the Olympics it would make sense to have a category for it. If it is too big of a problem, then no big deal, but it seems like a pretty simple request that can easily be met. Threads get stickied and unstickied pretty frequently, is it really all that different? Sure beats trying to search the UM, Lions, Misc, and other areas to see if a thread already exists for something. I know many on the UM board are going to be posting about figure skating at a minimum. I would think Mods would appreciate having a more streamlined way to handle the multiple threads not put into Misc.

Looking at that insane figure of $51 BILLION WITH A CAPITAL "B" of Russian taxpayer dollars bilked out of these games via corruption, you can bet all U.S. government contractors, esp. Halliburton, Blackwater, GE, etc. are taking notes for the next games hosted stateside.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are involved in at least some of the Sochi construction. They likely form companies in the country that gets the Olympics so they can make some money off it then close up shop when finished.

I just heard that the guy in charge of the light show at the opening ceremonies was found dead in his home with multiple stab wounds. That's crazy. Russians don't accept failure.

Edit: I did a little research and found this to be untrue. But I did like the story.

Last edited:
A whole new sub-forum?

I don't even see the reason for this thread.

There are two OT Olympics threads on the Michigan board, and an OT thread on the politics board as it is.

What does the Olympics have to do with miscellaneous sports?

A whole new sub-forum?

I don't even see the reason for this thread.

There are two OT Olympics threads on the Michigan board, and an OT thread on the politics board as it is.

What does the Olympics have to do with miscellaneous sports?

Probably as much as it does on the Michigan board or political board.

Wow!

The Chinese team really sucks at the Winter Olympics, don't they?

They've actually won a couple of things though.

The worst country athletically is India. They have a billion people... And never do anything in either Olympics.

They've actually won a couple of things though.

The worst country athletically is India. They have a billion people... And never do anything in either Olympics.

Yeah.

Maybe the Olympics should create a "shitting in the street" or "starving to death in the worship of cows" event to make India feel better about itself regarding the Olympics.

according to my Hindu friend, India is a wealth of athletic ability just waiting to be tapped. I'm not so sure.

he pointed out cricket... they're supposedly good at that. cricket is a pretty stupid sport though.

according to my Hindu friend, India is a wealth of athletic ability just waiting to be tapped. I'm not so sure.

he pointed out cricket... they're supposedly good at that. cricket is a pretty stupid sport though.

So when do they reveal their GM superhuman with the strength of 10 ordinary men and the scheming intellect of Hannibal, Napoleon, and Genghis?

Where is their Khan Noonien Singh?

Already in suspended animation on a spaceship with his crew?

So when do they reveal their GM superhuman with the strength of 10 ordinary men and the scheming intellect of Hannibal, Napoleon, and Genghis?

After their shifts are over taking customer service calls for Time Warner, Verizon, and Nationwide Insurance, obviously.

US Women with the ultimate choke job in women's hockey.

Normally that might turn me on but not in this instance.

Last edited:
Back